ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alex-makedon
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Citizenship ceremony

Post by Alex-makedon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:31 am

Hi Dear members,
I got an approval letter from HO in 26/07, called my council several times to arrange ceremony. But till today 09/08 they don’t have my name in system. How long usually it take?
Best Regards

UK_Tier1

Re: Citizenship ceremony

Post by UK_Tier1 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:06 pm

The HO approval letter says to allow for 2 working days for document to arrive the council authority named on the letter.

In my case, my council sent the ceremony invitation letter to me before I even got the HO letter.On my Approval letter, the HO stated that I need to contact the local council authority within 21days of the letter.

Have you tried to contact the HO UKVI using their e-mail, (citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) to let them know you are having trouble booking your ceremony?

Alex-makedon
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Re: Citizenship ceremony

Post by Alex-makedon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:30 pm

UK_Tier1 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:06 pm
The HO approval letter says to allow for 2 working days for document to arrive the council authority named on the letter.

In my case, my council sent the ceremony invitation letter to me before I even got the HO letter.On my Approval letter, the HO stated that I need to contact the local council authority within 21days of the letter.

Have you tried to contact the HO UKVI using their e-mail, (citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) to let them know you are having trouble booking your ceremony?
Thank you for your reply,
Yes just today I sent email to HO explaining them that I can’t book ceremony as council does not have confirmation from HO.