ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CSI RC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RBS1982
Newly Registered
Portugal

Residence Card for Self-Sufficient person

Post by RBS1982 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Good Afternoon

Considering I have the following situation, I would like kindly to have a help:

When my wife´s Family Permit is about to expire (I´m the EU national), if I´m still a jobseeker, I understood the only way she can have a Residence Card is applying as Self Sufficient.

Due to the possible situation I have described above, I have some questions regarding the Residence Card application to her.

- Considering she is working in UK and we have some savings, can we still apply for her residence card ?
- Is there any amount of money we need to show? Is that necessary show money for the entire 5 year period?
- Applying as self-sufficient, do we both need to pay for Health Insurance?
- I have am considerable amount of money in a pension plan that I have in another country, that I can use anytime I want to, can we consider that for funding in self-sufficient application?
- Is it possible to extend the family permit ?
- After the my wife´s Family Permit has expired, if she cross the border and come back, she will can have a stamp in her passport at the border, like a another 6 months authorization to be in UK?

I hope someone could kindly help me with those questions!

Thanks!

Rafael

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: Residence Card for Self-Sufficient person

Post by dan1988uk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:48 am

You need CSI to apply as self sufficient.

RBS1982
Newly Registered
Portugal

Re: Residence Card for Self-Sufficient person

Post by RBS1982 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:38 am

Dear Dan1988uk

Thanks for your reply!

When we apply as self sufficient for her RC, should we show a CSI contract for 5 years ?

RBS1982
Newly Registered
Portugal

CSI RC

Post by RBS1982 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:56 pm

Good Afternoon

I would like some help for a CSI question:

I´m the EU national applying for RC to my wife (non EU), as I´m not working and we will apply as self-sufficient.

Someone knows if we need to purchase a CSI 5 years contract or just 1 year is enough for the Home Office?

RBS1982
Newly Registered
Portugal

Re: CSI RC

Post by RBS1982 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Someone could kindly help me on that ?? It´s very important for me.