ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk tier4 Visa refusal because of Loan letter

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dkoushik93
Newly Registered
India

Uk tier4 Visa refusal because of Loan letter

Post by dkoushik93 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:52 am

Hello Guys,

I submitted my visa application on 08/08/2018 under priority service, i received an email on 13/08/2018 stating that your passport is not straightforward and etc., i received my passport on 18/08/2018 with a Refusal of Entry Clearance letter.

The reason they mentioned is, In relation to the above Loan letter, we attempted to confirm the disbursement arrangements of your proposed Education Loan with its provider. calls were made to this institution on following day and we were asked to call back the following day, however that follow-up call went unanswered.

so under paragraph 1B(d)(5) of appendix C no points have awarded. so your application is refused under paragraph 245ZV(c) of the immigration rules.

I submitted Original sanctioned Bank loan letter, they rejected now what should i do i should go for Administrative review or Fresh application? my classes begins on 21/09/2018 hardly i have a month time.

Do university release a new CAS letter now for second time.

Please suggest me a process?

Lucky7777
Newly Registered
India

Re: Uk tier4 Visa refusal because of Loan letter

Post by Lucky7777 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:34 am

I have also given the same letter and now i am worried too. This is complete nuisance displayed considering that 11,12, 15,17th were bank holidays in India. How can one decide one's future without considering all the probabilities. Bank emloyees here in India are too busy to even respond to a single call, plus there were many holidays during the period they may have called.
If my application is too rejected on the same lines, i wont ever apply again to UK. I feel the pain you would be going through. I am literally burnng in anger seeing this reply.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:02 am

dkoushik93 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:52 am
i should go for Administrative review or Fresh application? my classes begins on 21/09/2018 hardly i have a month time.

You need to discuss both these questions with your university urgently.

I can't see an AR being successful, as it was your error not the ECO's.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Lucky7777
Newly Registered
India

Post by Lucky7777 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:04 am

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:02 am
dkoushik93 wrote:
i should go for Administrative review or Fresh application? my classes begins on 21/09/2018 hardly i have a month time.

What was his error Sah? That the bank didn't picked up the phone when they called??

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:12 am

Lucky7777 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:04 am
What was his error Sah? That the bank didn't picked up the phone when they called??
His or her loan letter appears to have been incomplete. The ECO has cited the relevant paragraph of the Rules, but the requirements of a loan letter are also explained in the Tier 4 Policy Guidance, paragraph 230v. It specifically includes:

If you are applying from overseas, the loan funds must be available to you before you travel to the UK, with only two exceptions:
1. the loan is an academic or student loan from your country’s national government and it will be released to you on or before arrival in the UK, or
2. the loan funds are or will be paid directly to your Tier 4 sponsor before Tier 4 Policy Guidance version you travel to the UK and the living costs portion of the loan will be released to you on or before your arrival in the UK

The ECO did OP a big favour by trying to contact the bank and get the missing information.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Lucky7777
Newly Registered
India

Post by Lucky7777 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:19 am

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:12 am
Lucky7777 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:04 am
His or her loan letter appears to have been incomplete. The ECO has cited the relevant paragraph of the Rules, but the requirements of a loan letter are also explained in the Tier 4 Policy Guidance, paragraph 230v. It specifically includes:

If you are applying from overseas, the loan funds must be available to you before you travel to the UK, with only two exceptions:
1. the loan is an academic or student loan from your country’s national government and it will be released to you on or before arrival in the UK, or
2. the loan funds are or will be paid directly to your Tier 4 sponsor before Tier 4 Policy Guidance version you travel to the UK and the living costs portion of the loan will be released to you on or before your arrival in the UK

The ECO did OP a big favour by trying to contact the bank and get the missing information.
Thanks sah for the reply! Now i get the point completely. Something must have been missing and the ECO did try to connect the dots.

dkoushik93
Newly Registered
India

Post by dkoushik93 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:11 am

Lucky7777 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:34 am
I have also given the same letter and now i am worried too. This is complete nuisance displayed considering that 11,12, 15,17th were bank holidays in India. How can one decide one's future without considering all the probabilities. Bank emloyees here in India are too busy to even respond to a single call, plus there were many holidays during the period they may have called.
If my application is too rejected on the same lines, i wont ever apply again to UK. I feel the pain you would be going through. I am literally burnng in anger seeing this reply.
hello Lucky actually the thing is there are no objections in my loan letter the only thing is, i got loan for both living and tuition fee and so in disbursement the bank manager wrote that, the applicant has fulfilled all the requirements so loans funds will be made available to the University before his travel to uk and after getting visa.
for the above quote, the caseworker mentioned that Iam not satisfied therefore that the funds will be available to you as outlined above.

dkoushik93
Newly Registered
India

Post by dkoushik93 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:16 am

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:02 am
dkoushik93 wrote:

hello sah1, i also agree with your points but if their is a mistake in loan letter how university people issued CAS letter? and i also confirmed by bank people their are strongly saying that they didnt received any calls and emails from UK embassy

and for fresh application univ people are not issuing CAS

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:24 am

dkoushik93 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:16 am
if their is a mistake in loan letter how university people issued CAS letter?
There is no specific connection between the two.
dkoushik93 wrote:
i also confirmed by bank people their are strongly saying that they didnt received any calls and emails from UK embassy
I'm afraid it was still your error that the information wasn't included in your application in the first place.
dkoushik93 wrote:
That's a shame, but that is the university's choice who they choose to sponsor with a CAS. A visa refusal is a strike against the sponsor too, a potential problem for their licence, so they may have a strict policy of one strike and you're out.

Lucky7777
Newly Registered
India

Post by Lucky7777 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:46 am

dkoushik93 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:11 am
hello Lucky actually the thing is there are no objections in my loan letter the only thing is, i got loan for both living and tuition fee and so in disbursement the bank manager wrote that, the applicant has fulfilled all the requirements so loans funds will be made available to the University before his travel to uk and after getting visa.
for the above quote, the caseworker mentioned that Iam not satisfied therefore that the funds will be available to you as outlined above.
I too find that as a valid objection because your bank letter mentions that funds will be available to your "UNIVERSITY". So how would you cover your living expenses?

dkoushik93
Newly Registered
India

Post by dkoushik93 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:45 pm

Lucky7777 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:46 am
dkoushik93 wrote:
I too find that as a valid objection because your bank letter mentions that funds will be available to your "UNIVERSITY". So how would you cover your living expenses?
I mentioned oncampus accomdation so that made a mistake and

vinny99
Newly Registered

Post by vinny99 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:50 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:24 am
dkoushik93 wrote:
if their is a mistake in loan letter how university people issued CAS letter?
There is no specific connection between the two.
dkoushik93 wrote:
i also confirmed by bank people their are strongly saying that they didnt received any calls and emails from UK embassy
I'm afraid it was still your error that the information wasn't included in your application in the first place.
dkoushik93 wrote:
That's a shame, but that is the university's choice who they choose to sponsor with a CAS. A visa refusal is a strike against the sponsor too, a potential problem for their licence, so they may have a strict policy of one strike and you're out.
Hello sah, I have applied for my TIER 4 visa application and will submit the documents soon. I am also submitting the education loan letter from an approved bank as financial evidence as below:

https://imgur.com/a/e5Wzdgt

Does the loan letter look fine to you? Sadly the bank won't be able to answer calls due to high volume and I'm afraid that sometimes email won't pass through the spam filters (even if sent directly). Thanks

vinny99
Newly Registered

Post by vinny99 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Lucky7777 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:46 am
dkoushik93 wrote:
In my education loan letter, it's written as follows under disbursement:
"Loan will be disbursed on demand or grant of visa and all terms and conditions of the loan are met."
Also it's mentioned that it's available for both Tuition fee and living expenses.
Is it alright? Would it be sufficient?

Lucky7777
Newly Registered
India

Post by Lucky7777 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:04 pm

vinny99 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:54 pm

"Loan will be disbursed on demand or grant of visa and all terms and conditions of the loan are met."
Also it's mentioned that it's available for both Tuition fee and living expenses.
Hi the thing is there should be no condition placed on you for the loan (as far as i have read the policy guideline). You can read the guidelines too!

vinny99
Newly Registered

Post by vinny99 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Lucky7777 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:04 pm
vinny99 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi the thing is there should be no condition placed on you for the loan (as far as i have read the policy guideline). You can read the guidelines too!
Thanks for your reply. The Tier 4 Policy Guidance states:
"There must be no conditions placed on the release of the loan funds to you, other than your Tier 4 application being successful."

Apart from this it also states:
"If you are applying from overseas, the loan funds must be available to you before you travel to the UK, with only two exceptions:
2. the loan funds are or will be paid directly to your Tier 4 sponsor before you travel to the UK and the living costs portion of the loan will be released to you on or before your arrival in the UK".

My bank loan letter is as follows:

What do you make of it?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:29 am

vinny99 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:59 pm
My bank loan letter is as follows:
I would strongly discourage you from asking random strangers online to check and verify the evidence you intend to use in your visa application!

The rule and guidance on what is required re: disbursement of funds is clear, as posted above. You just need to check that your letter confirms all that is required. It is not a trick, not something that only certain magically gifted individuals can understand. Have confidence that you can evaluate your own document against the requirements.

If you really cannot ascertain whether your document meets the requirements of the rules and guidance, ask someone at your Tier 4 sponsor institution for advice.