ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting documents for Visitor's Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kalics
Newly Registered

Supporting documents for Visitor's Visa

Post by kalics » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:25 pm

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me on this.

I live in UK on Tier-2 VISA and my father is applying for a Visitor's Visa to the UK from India to visit me. He is a retired army servant and he has been receiving pension on a monthly basis which he can prove with the bank statements.

He is also currently working for an employer and receives monthly salary to a different bank account. However, the only proof he has for this employment is a different bank statement with the salary credits. Unfortunately he does not have any other proofs to this employment.

Please can you clarify if this would be okay for him to mention this employment and only attach the bank statements, without any additional proof of employment?

Or is it safer to not mention this employment, but only quote the pension?

Many thanks.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Supporting documents for Visitor's Visa

Post by THO » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:56 am

Hi,

I am no expert, but my advice is show the bank statement with the income coming in each month as it will show the name of the company / organisation sending it. You can also send a letter stating the income is for freelance work he does for the company, if he does not have a contract of employment.

If he has a house, then send the deeds to the property, and also a recent utility bill to show that he still lives there. Any other documents/ evidence he might have that would be considered a reason to return home too, such as family he may be taking care of.

It wouldn't hurt for you to provide a sponsorship letter, stating you will take care of him while he is here and make sure he returns before his visa expires etc.

Hope my advice is helpful.