ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

L-1B and housing question

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ajfx
Newly Registered

L-1B and housing question

Post by ajfx » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:58 am

My employer is planning to transfer me to work in their US office next year (L-1B route, individual petition, I’m a British citizen).

Generally the whole process seems to be clear, except for one thing - housing in the US. Are there any requirements regarding my accommodation in the US? Basically my employer will pay for a hotel or a serviced apartment for me for the first two months, during which I will find something else to rent on my own.

Would this be enough to satisfy the relevant authorities?

I can’t find anything on the subject in the various guidances, but I do see that during the visa interviews people get asked about where they are going to live and you have to inform the authorities about your location).

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: L-1B and housing question

Post by max307 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:36 pm

ajfx wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:58 am
My employer is planning to transfer me to work in their US office next year (L-1B route, individual petition, I’m a British citizen).

Generally the whole process seems to be clear, except for one thing - housing in the US. Are there any requirements regarding my accommodation in the US? Basically my employer will pay for a hotel or a serviced apartment for me for the first two months, during which I will find something else to rent on my own.

Would this be enough to satisfy the relevant authorities?

I can’t find anything on the subject in the various guidances, but I do see that during the visa interviews people get asked about where they are going to live and you have to inform the authorities about your location).
Yeah you will be fine. When it's time to fill up the DS-160 enter the address of the temporary accommodation or hotel where you will be staying at initially.

As soon as you move from your initial accommodation (within 10 days of changing address) make sure the lawyer looking after your application here in the US notifies USCIS of your new address.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

ajfx
Newly Registered

Re: L-1B and housing question

Post by ajfx » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:13 pm

Awesome!
Thank you :D