ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deed poll

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Andreita
Newly Registered
Columbia

Deed poll

Post by Andreita » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:20 am

Hey guys my name is Andrea Im from Colombia i will apply for my spouse visa in some months I'm just waiting for my IELTS a1 exam but I have a question (sorry for my bad english) I had changed my name deed poll in 2011 i know is a section for the visa formulary that ask , had you ever used, or been known by, any other names? This includes a marriage name, maiden name, name at birth, professional name?.
I will write yes and explain but did i need to show my deed poll? Its necesary? I have a birth certificate that i can show instead the deed poll? Cuz get a ded poll and then traslate it to spanish to english and apostille is a little bit expensive and take time thats why i hope i dont need to show it. What you guys think? My passport, ID and birth certificate and marriage certificate have my new name I hope you can help me! Thank you!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Deed poll

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Provide Birth Certificate as evidence if it has a different name to your current passport.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease