ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Application for Tier 1 Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Investor) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

homer79
Newly Registered
Singapore

Investment Manager

Post by homer79 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:00 pm

Just starting to research on this now. Any recommendations on investment managers? Most investment managers charge 1% which is a little on the high side if I want to hold a passive portfolio of gilts and corporate bonds.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Investment Manager

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:02 pm

Unfortunately, members are not permitted, under the board T&Cs, to post recommendations or names and details of people/companies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

homer79
Newly Registered
Singapore

Re: Investment Manager

Post by homer79 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:30 pm

If anyone has a good experience with any firm who charges a reasonable rate, pls pm me :). Or has anyone handled the investment and portfolio statements on their own?

homer79
Newly Registered
Singapore

Application for Tier 1 Investor Visa

Post by homer79 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:57 pm

Has anyone applied for the Visa without using the services of a solicitor? Can this be easily done? I think I have a relatively straight forward application without any dependents. Some firm charge 10k for an initial application which seems really high for a simple online form.

homer79
Newly Registered
Singapore

Self Application for Tier 1 Visa

Post by homer79 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:18 am

Has anyone applied for the visa directly without using the services of a law firm? Am thinking of applying it myself without using a lawyer. If home office requires more information, do you need to pay again to resubmit?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Self Application for Tier 1 Visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:18 am

If HO wants additional documents or information, they will probably write to you and ask for it.

Nothing extra to pay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

homer79
Newly Registered
Singapore

Re: Self Application for Tier 1 Visa

Post by homer79 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:19 pm

Thanks for the reply. For the sum of 2m invested, they can also be invested with an investment manager for 3mths to form the basis for an application. Am thinking thats a better route than having the funds sit for mths without much interest in an account. Has anyone went down this route before?