ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residency Card vs. Certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KatHof
Newly Registered
Germany

Permanent Residency Card vs. Certificate

Post by KatHof » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:39 pm

Hello,

I would be very grateful for any advice. I am in the process of applying online for British Citizenship.
I have been living in the UK for 10 years and have been granted permanent residency on 2/9/2017.
Then, I received a letter informing of my successful PR application and enclosed was the attached document - which I presumed is the Permanent Residency Card.

Having read through this forum just to make sure I am not missing anything out, I am now panicking. Can anybody tell me whether this is the "certificate" or "card"? Can I use this to apply for British Citizenship? I have literally got ALL my documents ready and have an appointment with Nationality Checking Service at the end of September.

Also, if this document is not sufficient, how can I go about to apply for the actual card?

Thanks!

secret.simon

Re: Permanent Residency Card vs. Certificate

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:33 pm

The document you have is a Document Certifying Permanent Residence (as it says in the second picture), DCPR in short, and is the correct document required for submitting with a naturalisation application. Relax and best of luck with the application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

KatHof
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by KatHof » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:23 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:33 pm
The document you have is a Document Certifying Permanent Residence (as it says in the second picture), DCPR in short, and is the correct document required for submitting with a naturalisation application. Relax and best of luck with the application.
Thank you!

lizzy_b
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by lizzy_b » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:22 pm

Excellent! I sent off my AN Form this week with the same document (DCPR).. After reading through some of the refusal posts on here I started to panic that I included the wrong document. Hopefully all will be fine!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:41 pm

lizzy_b wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:22 pm
Excellent! I sent off my AN Form this week with the same document (DCPR).. After reading through some of the refusal posts on here I started to panic that I included the wrong document. Hopefully all will be fine!
If you had a DCPR, you should be fine.

The problem arises if you submit a Residence Certificate rather than a DCPR. Both documentation look identical, except for the line stating "Type of Document", as shown in the second image on the first post of this thread.

If it states "Document Certifying Permanent Residence" (and assuming that you have held that status for at least a year, according to the letter accompanying the document), you should not have an issue with applying for naturalisation.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

lizzy_b
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by lizzy_b » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Thanks, Simon. Yes, the PR Card states "Type of Document: Document Certifying Permanent Residence" and is dated May 2017. The accompanying letter from the Home Office states "Date you acquired permanent residence status: April 2013". I included this in my supporting documents as well.

Fingers crossed!