ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LOST EEA RESIDENCE CARD ( Residence card of a family member of a union citizen)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

whiss
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

LOST EEA RESIDENCE CARD ( Residence card of a family member of a union citizen)

Post by whiss » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:42 pm

hi...… I lost my UK residence card( EEA) , in may 2018 and reported it to the home office .... I applied for a replacement but home office declined my application, saying that I applied using the incorrect form....can anyone suggest me, what form should I use to get a replacement... also, I am 22 now, so will it affect my application ? I have a photocopy of my lost residence card.... would it be legal to work with the copy of my lost residence card ??? any suggestions or help would be appreciated. thanks :)

kamoe

Re: LOST EEA RESIDENCE CARD ( Residence card of a family member of a union citizen)

Post by kamoe » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:20 am

whiss wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:42 pm
home office declined my application, saying that I applied using the incorrect form....can anyone suggest me, what form should I use to get a replacement...
What's your relationship to your family member? There are two forms, and the correct form you use depends on this relationship, either direct FM - Family Member (spouse, dependent child/grandchild or child/grandchild under 21, dependent parent/grandparent) or EFM - Extended Family Member (unmarried partner and all other dependent relatives).
also, I am 22 now, so will it affect my application ?
Yes, if you are applying as a child/grandchild of your family member. If you are no longer dependent on them, you might no longer be eligible to apply.
I have a photocopy of my lost residence card.... would it be legal to work with the copy of my lost residence card ???
You do not lose your status because you lost your document, but if you are an extended family member you might find it difficult to prove your right to work without an original. Also, as just said before, if you are the child/grandchild of your family member, over 21, then you need to prove that you are still dependent on them.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

whiss
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Re: LOST EEA RESIDENCE CARD ( Residence card of a family member of a union citizen)

Post by whiss » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:10 pm

thank you for your information...................i am a direct family member of an eu national....i came in the uk as a direct family member ... and my mom is a eu national.... although i am 22, i still live with her in the same house...... she and my dad is taking care of my expenses at the moment, as i am not working....... but before may, i was working as i had my residence card with me then........i would like to know, what documents would be helpful to prove the dependency at this situation?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:52 pm

whiss wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:10 pm
thank you for your information...................i am a direct family member of an eu national....i came in the uk as a direct family member ... and my mom is a eu national....
This is the form you should use: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... orm-eea-fm
although i am 22, i still live with her in the same house...... she and my dad is taking care of my expenses at the moment, as i am not working....... but before may, i was working as i had my residence card with me then........i would like to know, what documents would be helpful to prove the dependency at this situation?
Look at the documents suggested in Guidance Notes, page 5 of 19, Section 7: Dependent family member https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -04_KP.pdf
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Moinahmed33
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Moinahmed33 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:35 pm

Hey I’m now in the same problem can you share your experience please

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:54 am

Hello

The residence card is not like a driving license or credit card.
  • If you lose a driving license, you pay £20 to the DLVA and they send you one. You don't have to pass a driving exam for that.
  • If you lose your credit card, the bank will send yo a replacement card for free. They don't do a credit check for that and they don't ask you to go through the account opening formalities again.
In other hand, if your immigration permit is lost (whatever it is), there is no easy and simple replacement process for it. You have to submit forms and prove your status again.

As mater of rule, don't keep your residence card in your wallet and don't use it as a day to day ID. If it's the only gov id you have, apply for a provisional driving license with the DVLA. You don't have to pass any exam, own a car or pay for courses to get the provisional driving license but it's a strong type of ID. If you are challenged by the immigration in the street, you can still get away by giving them your name and date of birth or a copy / photo of your residence card.

If your employer wants to check your status, show him the card then store it in a safe place again.

The problem if you lose your card, is that your immigration status will be assessed again when you apply for a replacement. If your situation changed unfavorably, it will put you in very difficult situation with the Home Office.