ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony - 90 days requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mecheng
Newly Registered
Poland

Ceremony - 90 days requirement

Post by mecheng » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi all,

First, I wanted to thanks everyone who makes this forum great - I used it to navigate through PR process a year ago and now used it to help me through my citizenship application - both of which have been successful and saved me a lot of stress.

I am however in a bit of a difficult situation at this point in time - I have literally just received my approval letter for the BC, dated for the 11th of September. I understand I have 21 days to book the ceremony (hence I need to book until it until the 2nd of October). Furthermore, I understand I have 90 days to attend it, which would mean that I have until the 10th of December to do so. This is where my problems lies - I am scheduled to go for 3 months abroad for training - this was arranged through my employer (a UK based company) and I am leaving on Monday, 24th of September and not coming back until xmas!

My question is twofold:

1) Can I request an extension? I understand that the Home Office might have some doubts about my commitment to live in the UK, however this training is specifically so that I can come back and apply the knowledge I learn abroad in the UK, hence I would argue that my willingness to train for 3 months is only a sign of commitment.

2) Can I attend the ceremony in an embassy or a consulate abroad?

If the answer is no to both, I can always travel back specifically for the ceremony, but the cost of flights is going to be significant hence would need to avoid if possible.

I searched through other topics on a similar subject but not found any answers. Any help is much appreciated.

mecheng
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Ceremony - 90 days requirement

Post by mecheng » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:04 pm

Anyone able to share any insight? Want to phone the council tomorrow and don't really know how to start the conversation...

Tier1G09
India

Re: Ceremony - 90 days requirement

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:26 am

Why dont you contact HO and explain your situation. They can guide you to the process and let you know if extension is possible. You can call or email them:

citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Include your application ref number and details.