ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I explicitly disclose Unpaid leave for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fastertabla
Newly Registered
India

Should I explicitly disclose Unpaid leave for ILR?

Post by fastertabla » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi

In the year 2016, I took 3 weeks of Unpaid leave for Paternity. Also a 25 days of paid leave for personal reasons. My employer can give me a letter for these leaves as they are authorized. I have three questions with this.
1. Should I explicitly call out this in cover letter as unpaid? I hope 4 weeks of unpaid leaves are allowed
2. Even after the unpaid leaves, I have met the rate of pay, I believe, I dont need to mention this in SET O page 18. Is that fine?
3. Should I provide any additional documentation?

Kindly advice.

Thanks
Ganesh

vaibhavg18mau

Re: Should I explicitly disclose Unpaid leave for ILR?

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:34 am

For the unpaid leave - were you in the UK or outside UK?
I dont see any issues even if you declare unpaid leaves. Get a letter from employer saying it was authorised by them as paternity leave. CO will use some common sense. good luck