ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General visa- Court summon for council tax

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

General1905
India

Tier 2 General visa- Court summon for council tax

Post by General1905 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:34 pm

Hello,

I have a question regarding Tier 2 General visa application. I have got a Court summon from Council tax for non payment of outstanding amount(we missed the reminders). When i got to know that, I paid the whole amount and closed my account. Even my online account shows no outstanding balance.

Do i need to mention this under some section in my Tier 2 General visa application?

Thanks in advance!

General1905
India

Re: Tier 2 General visa- Court summon for council tax

Post by General1905 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:42 pm

Just to add i didn't go to the court. Had a word with customer care and paid the full amount.

amit2453
Mood:
India

Post by amit2453 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:33 am

Whether you mention or not, just explain in additional info or cover letter and tell them this is why you mentioned this thing or this is you didn't mention this thing.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:12 am

You should declare it. What do you mean by 'closed my account' :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

General1905
India

Post by General1905 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:54 am

Hi All, Thanks for your reply. "By closed my account" I meant I closed the current council tax account as I had to move to other place.

I am not sure in which question I should put the details about that council tax summon because

as per first question I don't get any court judgement and for 2nd question I think that didn't come under criminal offence

1) Have you had any UK court judgement against you for non-payment of a debt, or received a civil penalty under UK Immigration Acts?

Have you received any other penalty in relation to a criminal offence; for example a caution, reprimand, warning, or similar penalties in the UK or any other country?

Please suggest

vaibhavg18mau

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:19 am

General1905 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:34 pm
Hello,

I have a question regarding Tier 2 General visa application. I have got a Court summon from Council tax for non payment of outstanding amount(we missed the reminders). When i got to know that, I paid the whole amount and closed my account. Even my online account shows no outstanding balance.

Do i need to mention this under some section in my Tier 2 General visa application?

Thanks in advance!
Did you cancel the summons by calling council? I think summons is not a conviction so not sure if you should mention this as you settled out of court. Its neither FPN or PCN

General1905
India

Post by General1905 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:08 pm

I called council tax and they said that you don't need to go to court and you can pay full amount of council tax along with summon fee . I paid the complete amount till date I was living in the property.