ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling outside of the UK before the date of updating police registration information

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

siuxoes
Newly Registered
Spain

Travelling outside of the UK before the date of updating police registration information

Post by siuxoes » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:54 pm

Good afternoon,

I am asking this for my girlfriend. She has studied in the UK (Liverpool) last year and now she has re-entered the UK to study in London.

She is now in the UK and has already updated her BRP which is valid until 2020. But the Uni told her she may need to update her police registration information(She has it from Liverpool). She has an appointment on the 11th of October to do it but we have a trip together outside of the UK.

My question is, will she have any trouble re-entering the UK as she can't update it before that date?

Thank you very much and sorry for my English.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Travelling outside of the UK before the date of updating police registration information

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:14 pm

siuxoes wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:54 pm
My question is, will she have any trouble re-entering the UK as she can't update it before that date?
I suggest she gets advice about this from the international student adviser at her university. They can check directly with the OVRO whether having made an appointment within the required 7 days is sufficient. Given that it appears to be outside her control to update her certificate within the required 7 days, I assume it is probably fine, but she might want to get it in writing.

As always, her Tier 4 sponsor is the best source of advice.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.