ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP card never received - chasing down

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

qwerty13
Newly Registered

BRP card never received - chasing down

Post by qwerty13 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:46 pm

I got my ILR confirmation letter on 15 Aug 2018. After a few weeks the BRP card still hadn't shown up.
I filled in the form online for if you haven't received the card within 10 working days.
I got an email saying the courier confirmed it was delivered to my address on XXXX date. (that's what it actually said, they didn't actually mention a date!) and said I should use that above information to find the BRP, and if that didn't work I should report it lost or stolen.

So I tracked it on the website of the DX Courier company. They at least gave me a date of Aug 20 that it was apparently delivered and signed for.

I live in an apartment building which has security/reception. I checked with reception and they have no record of anything arriving for me that date. One of the guys who has worked there longest did a search in case it was misplaced and found nothing.

According to the letter sent from the home office, it states that whoever signs for it must show ID. I contacted DX again and all they could give me as proof is that the delivery person apparently took a photo of the building which I live in, but they could not show me the signature or give me the name of who signed for it. She said that only the sender, aka the Home Office, could give me this information so I should chase it up with them. I haven't tried calling them yet as it's now outside their office hours.

What does one do in a case like this? If I had something delivered from a company, it would be that company's responsibility to figure out whether something is the fault of the courier, and to pay for replacing or redelivering something. But it looks like in this case, all I am expected to do is report it lost or stolen, which means that i must make a report to the police, fill out more forms, get more passport photos, send it all in, get my biometrics taken AGAIN, and I get to PAY for it! And then I get to wait AGAIN for an indefinite period of time before I hopefully actually get the card that proves I can work and study in the UK, and during which time I shouldn't travel.
Considering how many complaints I see against DX it's amazing that the home office still uses them.

qwerty13
Newly Registered

Re: BRP card never received - chasing down

Post by qwerty13 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:48 am

So after calling the Home Office, all they could say was that I should write to the address where I had sent my application for ILR to explain the situation. No phone number or email address that I could contact. Sigh. I bet I could wait ages trying to communicate with them for nothing, they'll probably just tell me in the end to apply for a new card, and they'll continue to use an undependable courier company. Has anyone managed to contact them about such issues with their card or the courier?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:26 am

Filling the online form is the only option, I think.
You could also try writing to the caseworker, although I'm unsure if they'd do anything in this case other than asking you to apply for another card if it's showing up as delivered.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:58 pm

When I received my Brp... the courier called me three times ( I was out and dont bother picking up unknown numbers). Then texted me to tell me he was coming over and I should be there and have my ID ready. He took a photograph of the door and took a photo of my ID. I was a bit taken aback with this.. but he said it’s required by the home office and if he didn’t and the brp got lost or something then he’ll have to pay 1000 pounds from his pocket. So they should have all this info atleast.
Hope you get it soon.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:42 am

My brother's BRP was delayed and arrived after 12 days, and the person from DX just put it through the mailbox. Didn't ring or ask for any signature or ID.

qwerty13
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty13 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:13 pm

it's so strange all the stories I've read about DX. you'd think after so many BRPs and passports are delayed or missing because of them they'd find a more reliable service? or have them sent to a post office and have you pick it up with ID instead? now if I have to pay to get another card sent, what if it's also lost or stolen on its way to me?

considering what aman90 above said, if its true that they need ID and a signature (which is what the letter I received about getting ILR stated) then for them to claim my BRP was delivered means somebody could be forging signatures or they'll let just anybody sign for it? Sigh.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:24 pm

qwerty13 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:13 pm
it's so strange all the stories I've read about DX. you'd think after so many BRPs and passports are delayed or missing because of them they'd find a more reliable service? or have them sent to a post office and have you pick it up with ID instead? now if I have to pay to get another card sent, what if it's also lost or stolen on its way to me?

considering what aman90 above said, if its true that they need ID and a signature (which is what the letter I received about getting ILR stated) then for them to claim my BRP was delivered means somebody could be forging signatures or they'll let just anybody sign for it? Sigh.
Yes, they should allow pick up at the post office maybe.
I know the letters say you have to show ID, but even when I got extension, nobody even knocked, and just put the BRP through the mailbox.

spidy25
Newly Registered
India

Post by spidy25 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:18 am

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, foun very helpful.

I am in the same situation, didint receive my BRP , DX website says delivered.
Emailed DX, this is what they say:

Good morning.
Thank you for your email.
We as a company are not permitted to give that information. You will need to contact the sender for them to pass this information to you and investigate further.

did you receive your BRP and what did you do?

Thank You