ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

referee forms when applying online for British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Gringa
Newly Registered
Italy

referee forms when applying online for British citizenship

Post by Gringa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:41 am

Good Morning,

Can someone please clarify the following:

1.Do we need to get referee form from the paper copy of the application with our photo attached prior to applying online signed by the referees( as if we were applying by post for British citizenship) before applying for BC online ?

2.Do we then need to get the referees then to sign for a second time the referee forms that will be generated by the online application and send BOTH FORMS when using NDRS and JCAP.

Pls confirm

regards

M Cimino

TheRock9
Mood:

Re: referee forms when applying online for British citizenship

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:20 am

Gringa wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:41 am
Good Morning,

Can someone please clarify the following:

1.Do we need to get referee form from the paper copy of the application with our photo attached prior to applying online signed by the referees( as if we were applying by post for British citizenship) before applying for BC online ?

2.Do we then need to get the referees then to sign for a second time the referee forms that will be generated by the online application and send BOTH FORMS when using NDRS and JCAP.

Pls confirm

regards

M Cimino
Hi

The information you need to fill on the online application form is almost same as of paper referee form. But you have to fill that information online, and upon completion of your application you will be given two referees form where you have to stick your photo and asked the referee to sign that form.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

jmmo20

Post by jmmo20 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:39 am

Can you help me find where the PDF forms are?

kamibar
Newly Registered
Costa Rica

Post by kamibar » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:21 pm

I have been completing the online application form in stages.
I managed to print out the REFEREE Forms at some stage.
I noticed and that the forms were blank i.e. they did not have Referee's data already included.
As I wasa expecting to update the Referee information etc I simply destroyed the blank Referee forms.

Now I cannot find any way of printing them out again !!
I NOT yet 'paid' and thus have not submitted the application.
So the question I have how do I get the new referee Forms.
Does the system give you an opportunity to print then again at the submission?

It lets down load the partially completed application as many time as you want - but I see no way to to reprint the simple blank forms. Has anyone had to resolve this issue?

I hope I do not have to kill the whole thing and start again.

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.

kamibar
Newly Registered
Costa Rica

Post by kamibar » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Resolved it after trying various combination of steps forwards and backwards.
1. Go to option to review all sections / review you application.
2. Scroll down to the part/ section where it says you have answered Yes to provide information about 2 referees.
3. Click the link to CHANGE on the far right - it returns you back to the start of Referres Section and option to Print the blank letters.
4. Option to Change the answer is greyed out and you have to go forward to complete referee details, After you have got the re-print that you wanted.
Hope this may be useful to someone.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:25 pm

kamibar wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:06 pm
Resolved it after trying various combination of steps forwards and backwards.
1. Go to option to review all sections / review you application.
2. Scroll down to the part/ section where it says you have answered Yes to provide information about 2 referees.
3. Click the link to CHANGE on the far right - it returns you back to the start of Referres Section and option to Print the blank letters.
4. Option to Change the answer is greyed out and you have to go forward to complete referee details, After you have got the re-print that you wanted.
Thank you kamibar, useful to know.
When you say "option to Print the blank letters" and "After you have got the re-print that you wanted", is this before any completed data/info?

Surely you would only need print them out after you have completed the necessary data and not as "blank letters"?

epi

Post by epi » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:17 pm

The referee forms are under 4. Declaration - they are blank, applicant's name and referee's name and signature should be filled in by hand.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:30 pm

epi wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:17 pm
The referee forms are under 4. Declaration - they are blank, applicant's name and referee's name and signature should be filled in by hand.
Thanks epi, just to clarify, I presume when you say they are "blank", you don't mean as a blank page, but have all the data one inputted after entering the Referee's details, leaving blank spaces for the "applicant's name and referee's name and signature should be filled in by hand"?

Apologies if I am being pedantic about, just want to be aware of for when I complete.

lpoen
Newly Registered

Post by lpoen » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:19 pm

I’m glad you resolved your issue. I’ve just gone through figuring out he exact same thing ... now I am not sure if the declarations can be single sided (1 declaration on 2 pieces of paper) this is how my referee, who lives far away from me signed it, which means that my photo, and the signature are on separate pieces of paper. I started a thread but did not get much help. Seeing that this is another referee declaration thread, perhaps Simone here can shine some light on this? Thank you

lpoen
Newly Registered

Post by lpoen » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:21 pm

Ancestor wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:30 pm
epi wrote:
Thanks epi, just to clarify, I presume when you say they are "blank", you don't mean as a blank page, but have all the data one inputted after entering the Referee's details, leaving blank spaces for the "applicant's name and referee's name and signature should be filled in by hand"?

Apologies if I am being pedantic about, just want to be aware of for when I complete.
The forms are blank when you print them. All details are filled in by the referee. What you fill in, are all the referee details on the online form, which is completely separate from the referee declaration (provided that you are doing the online application)

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:43 pm

lpoen wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:21 pm
Ancestor wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:30 pm
epi wrote:

The forms are blank when you print them. All details are filled in by the referee. What you fill in, are all the referee details on the online form, which is completely separate from the referee declaration (provided that you are doing the online application)
Thanks Ipoen, so totally white blank sheets of paper (nothing at all on and 2 pages) per Referee that the Referee handwrites on and signs anywhere they please?

From what I understand, we can print these pages out on their own prior to completing the whole Online Form prior to submission?

Thank you.

epi

Post by epi » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:52 pm

You can print them once you are on stage 4 of your online application (see green buttons on the top of the page). It is not specified when you must take the references, therefore I am planning to print out the forms and take signatures within a month before I apply.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:42 pm

epi wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:52 pm
You can print them once you are on stage 4 of your online application (see green buttons on the top of the page). It is not specified when you must take the references, therefore I am planning to print out the forms and take signatures within a month before I apply.
Thanks epi, appreciated for the feedback.

ionutiliescu
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by ionutiliescu » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:44 pm

Another question about these forms - neither one of my referees are able to sign this in person, so it will have to be done via electronic signature or have them print the declaration, sign it and scan it.

I have opted for the first option (for now) and used the section 5 declaration from the physical application with a photo of mine attached digitally. I did that before reaching section 4 in the online application where I found a different format for the reference declaration.

My questions would be:
  • Do I need to redo the references using the forms from the online application, section 4?
  • Would it be ok for my referees to sign online using a service like DocuSign? If so, how would you advise I handle the photo on the application - attach it digitally or leave it blank and attach the physical one after?
Thank you in advance!

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 pm

ionutiliescu wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:44 pm
Another question about these forms - neither one of my referees are able to sign this in person, so it will have to be done via electronic signature or have them print the declaration, sign it and scan it.

I have opted for the first option (for now) and used the section 5 declaration from the physical application with a photo of mine attached digitally. I did that before reaching section 4 in the online application where I found a different format for the reference declaration.

My questions would be:
  • Do I need to redo the references using the forms from the online application, section 4?
  • Would it be ok for my referees to sign online using a service like DocuSign? If so, how would you advise I handle the photo on the application - attach it digitally or leave it blank and attach the physical one after?
Thank you in advance!
My understanding (and stand to be corrected but think am correct) you need use the online application downloaded Referee Forms, and they need original writing ito your name, theirs, date and sign filled in by them. If someone else knows diff I would be surprised.

Why don't you just post them 1st class post with a return 1st class enclosed. Will get there next day and back with u following day, max 3 days.

bcappnil
Newly Registered

Post by bcappnil » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:58 pm

Hope this help, here are links for the referee form for online application

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Information you filled in the online form will not be printed on the referee form.

Pacofall
Newly Registered

Post by Pacofall » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:44 pm

bcappnil wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:58 pm

Information you filled in the online form will not be printed on the referee form.
Can we print the referee forms in the link above and send them to our referees?

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:42 pm

Pacofall wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:44 pm
bcappnil wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:58 pm

Can we print the referee forms in the link above and send them to our referees?
They look the same as the one's I have downloaded currently from my AN online application at Stage 4, so I would say is okay.

If you complete the Online App until Stage 4 Declaration, the Referee Forms as per the links provided are available to download/print, but whatever you do, DON'T mark the Declaraton and proceed to Stage 5 Pay, as you CANNOT go back after that.

Pacofall
Newly Registered

Post by Pacofall » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:57 am

Thanks for the information. It is very helpful.

Mum06
Newly Registered

Post by Mum06 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:10 am

Sorry if this is a silly question. Once we have printed the referee forms and have them signed by the referee, do we then post them or attach them to the online application?

Mant Thanks.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:15 am

Mum06 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:10 am
Sorry if this is a silly question. Once we have printed the referee forms and have them signed by the referee, do we then post them or attach them to the online application?

Mant Thanks.
Depends how you are applying? If by NDRS/NCS then you take them along to your council appointment and they submit ALL your documents along with your completed referee forms. If POSTAL application, you will submit/post with all other necessary documents.

maciekuk
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by maciekuk » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:56 am

Hello
Do you know if the referee forms need to be printed double sided or single sided?
I printed them single sided so my picture is on first page and the signature is on the second page which is separate piece of paper.
Someone pointed that it may not be correct way :/
Any ideas?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:15 pm

maciekuk wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:56 am
Hello
Do you know if the referee forms need to be printed double sided or single sided?
I printed them single sided so my picture is on first page and the signature is on the second page which is separate piece of paper.
Someone pointed that it may not be correct way :/
Any ideas?

Thanks
It does not matter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

maciekuk
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by maciekuk » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:03 pm

Thank you 😊

Mum06
Newly Registered

Post by Mum06 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:05 pm

Thank you for your reply Ancestor. I meant in online application. I have never submitted an online application and not sure how it works. So, do I print the referee forms abd post them or do I attach them to the application. Or, how do I do it?

Many Thanks

Ancestor wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:15 am
Mum06 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:10 am

Mant Thanks.
Depends how you are applying? If by NDRS/NCS then you take them along to your council appointment and they submit ALL your documents along with your completed referee forms. If POSTAL application, you will submit/post with all other necessary documents.