ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIP is a social benefit which could be a help with my spouse VISA?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Qaiserkhan
Newly Registered

PIP is a social benefit which could be a help with my spouse VISA?

Post by Qaiserkhan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:01 pm

Hi everyone,
Being a new member this is my first post. I have been through a major bypass heart surgery about 12 weeks ago. I also have applied for PIP Personal Independent Payment (a social benefit for long-term or any serious illness). I am been told by one of my friends that under PIP to apply for a spouse or partner visa to live in the UK is a little easier than the normal procedure. Few rules are exempt and there are few relaxations such as Income and some others. It would be much appreciated if someone enlights on this issue because I am thinking about to start visa applying proceedings soon. thanks

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: PIP is a social benefit which could be a help with my spouse VISA?

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:27 pm

With PIP you will be exempt from the £18,600 rule, but would still need to show you have adequate maintenance to support the spouse financially. This figure is calculated with money coming in vs expenditure from rent etc.

All other things categories such as English Proof, Accommodation, Relationship etc remain the same as those not on qualifying benefits.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _Final.pdf
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Qaiserkhan
Newly Registered

Post by Qaiserkhan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi Londoner007
thanks for your reply. If its only financial issue then what about the VISA fee. If you know anything about it please share, would that be exempt too? or I am pushing my luck here. :D
Qaiser

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:51 pm

Qaiserkhan wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:39 pm
Hi Londoner007
thanks for your reply. If its only financial issue then what about the VISA fee. If you know anything about it please share, would that be exempt too? or I am pushing my luck here. :D
Qaiser
You have to pay the visa fee and the immigration health surcharge. No exemption for applications outside the UK, so yes you are "pushing your luck".
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Qaiserkhan
Newly Registered

Post by Qaiserkhan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:51 pm
Qaiserkhan wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:39 pm
Hi Londoner007
Qaiser
You have to pay the visa fee and the immigration health surcharge. No exemption for applications outside the UK, so yes you are "pushing your luck".
I haven't started to fill up the visa form. It is about 78 pages long I am still reading it. Its looks very complicated, Thanks for your reply and your help is much appreciated.
Qaiser

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:45 pm

The form is online. You can do bits and save and come back and do bit more. Take time and if you unsure of anything just ask InshaAllah we will try to help as much as possible.

Qaiserkhan
Newly Registered

Re: Visit VISA and Spouse visa

Post by Qaiserkhan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:58 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:45 pm
The form is online. You can do bits and save and come back and do bit more. Take time and if you unsure of anything just ask InshaAllah we will try to help as much as possible.
Hi
My question is suppose if I call my Mrs to come over in the UK on a visit visa and after her departure within the allocated 6 months, I decided to apply for a spouse visa for her. would that be a good idea? On a visit visa, I want her to come over as a wife, not a girlfriend. It sounds a silly question but I am a little confused.com here :D any help or suggestions would be great. thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:43 am

They may refuse her as a visitor or marriage visitor, if they don't think that she would leave at the end of the visit. Moreover, the Immigrarion status requirements prevents visitors from switching to spouse status within the UK.

See also allowances.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:46 pm

They will almost certainly refuse any visit visas as you will be a high risk of noting going back due to having a partner in UK