ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent application (non tech)

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Imanviva
Newly Registered
Iran

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent application (non tech)

Post by Imanviva » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi all

I’m an international Dj/ Producer and I work with both record labels in the Uk and other countries.
Was a red bull music academy participant and I’d like to know the difference between exceptional talent and promise visa since I have released music and mix cd worldwide i have no clue if it’s risky to apply for exceptional talent or just play it safe and apply for exceptional promise? I see they have asked same documenta for both visa types.

Also found this form on the home office webpage saying that Applicants must have been granted another Tier type of visa before.

Is this for people who want to apply for the first time!?

Requirements of paragraph 245BD
To be granted leave to remain as a Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) migrant, a person must:
• not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal
• not be an illegal entrant
• score a minimum of 75 points under paragraphs 1 to 6 of appendix A
• have, or have last been granted, entry clearance, leave to enter or
remain as a:
o Tier 1 migrant
o Tier 2 migrant
o Tier 5 (Temporary worker) migrant, sponsored in the government authorised
exchange sub-category in an exchange scheme for sponsored researchers • not be in the UK in breach of immigration laws, except that any period of
overstaying allowed under the immigration rules will be disregarded

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 Exceptional Talent application (non tech)

Post by marcnath » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:05 pm

Please do not tag your questions to other people's posts
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:46 pm

Imanviva wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:45 pm
Hi all

I’m an international Dj/ Producer and I work with both record labels in the Uk and other countries.
Was a red bull music academy participant and I’d like to know the difference between exceptional talent and promise visa since I have released music and mix cd worldwide i have no clue if it’s risky to apply for exceptional talent or just play it safe and apply for exceptional promise? I see they have asked same documenta for both visa types.

Also found this form on the home office webpage saying that Applicants must have been granted another Tier type of visa before.

Is this for people who want to apply for the first time!?

Requirements of paragraph 245BD
To be granted leave to remain as a Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) migrant, a person must:
• not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal
• not be an illegal entrant
• score a minimum of 75 points under paragraphs 1 to 6 of appendix A
• have, or have last been granted, entry clearance, leave to enter or
remain as a:
o Tier 1 migrant
o Tier 2 migrant
o Tier 5 (Temporary worker) migrant, sponsored in the government authorised
exchange sub-category in an exchange scheme for sponsored researchers • not be in the UK in breach of immigration laws, except that any period of
overstaying allowed under the immigration rules will be disregarded
This is for application from within the UK (leave to remain)
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Imanviva
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Imanviva » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:06 pm

great thanks but how about this one?

245BA. Entry to the UK
All migrants arriving in the UK and wishing to enter as a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Migrant must have a valid entry clearance for entry under this route. If they do not have a valid entry clearance, entry will be refused.

245BB. Requirements for entry clearance
To qualify for entry clearance as a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Migrant, an applicant must meet the requirements listed below. If the applicant meets these requirements, entry clearance will be granted. If the applicant does not meet these requirements, the application will be refused.

Requirements:

(a)The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.
(b) DELETED
(c) The applicant must have a minimum of 75 points under paragraphs 1 to 6 of Appendix A.
(d) an applicant who has, or was last granted, leave as a Tier 4 Migrant and:
(i)is currently being sponsored by a government or international scholarship agency, or
(ii)was being sponsored by a government or international scholarship agency, and that sponsorship came to an end 12 months ago or less,
must provide the unconditional written consent of the sponsoring Government or agency to the application and must provide the specified documents as set out in paragraph 245A above to show that this requirement has been met.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... sed-system

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:41 pm

Imanviva wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:06 pm
great thanks but how about this one?

245BA. Entry to the UK
All migrants arriving in the UK and wishing to enter as a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Migrant must have a valid entry clearance for entry under this route. If they do not have a valid entry clearance, entry will be refused.

245BB. Requirements for entry clearance
To qualify for entry clearance as a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Migrant, an applicant must meet the requirements listed below. If the applicant meets these requirements, entry clearance will be granted. If the applicant does not meet these requirements, the application will be refused.

Requirements:

(a)The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.
(b) DELETED
(c) The applicant must have a minimum of 75 points under paragraphs 1 to 6 of Appendix A.
(d) an applicant who has, or was last granted, leave as a Tier 4 Migrant and:
(i)is currently being sponsored by a government or international scholarship agency, or
(ii)was being sponsored by a government or international scholarship agency, and that sponsorship came to an end 12 months ago or less,
must provide the unconditional written consent of the sponsoring Government or agency to the application and must provide the specified documents as set out in paragraph 245A above to show that this requirement has been met.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... sed-system
Not sure what your question is here. You are not a Tier 4 migrant, so (d) does not apply

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:59 pm

If you're wondering about qualifying for Exceptional Talent then apply for Exceptional Promise instead. The ET one is for people who are already at the top of their industry. Award winners and those who are already successful. Exceptional Promise is for people who might soon be very successful.

rastica
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by rastica » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:17 am

I applied for Exceptional Talent and was given Exceptional Promise instead, from the Arts Council route. I didn't have to do anything different.