ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing Tier 4 within UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rakhameed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Renewing Tier 4 within UK

Post by Rakhameed » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:30 pm

Hello,
I got my Tier-4 visa last year for my masters degree. I cloud not pass one of my modules here, so I will be awarded Pg Dip. Instead of MSc.

I wanted to inquire if I take another masters course, will I be able to renew my visa within UK or will I have to go back to Pakistan to do so?
Is there anyone with similar situation? Any useful information appreciated. Thanks 🙏.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Renewing Tier 4 within UK

Post by sah10406 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:17 pm

Rakhameed wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:30 pm
I wanted to inquire if I take another masters course, will I be able to renew my visa within UK or will I have to go back to Pakistan to do so?
The latter. This is because a new application will not meet the academic progress requirement, because you did not successfully complete the course the visa was issued for, and so it can only be made outside the UK.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Rakhameed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rakhameed » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:26 pm

What if I change uni? And tell them that I got Pg Dip. and now I want to go for the other masters course I’m interested in? Will they issue me CAS?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Rakhameed wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:26 pm
What if I change uni? And tell them that I got Pg Dip. and now I want to go for the other masters course I’m interested in? Will they issue me CAS?
That's up to the sponsor. If they agree to sponsor you, the application will need to be made outside the UK because of the academic progress issue.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.