ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paper application form withdrawn

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

suziyedune
Newly Registered
Iran

Paper application form withdrawn

Post by suziyedune » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:17 pm

Hi

I have booked for the premium service on 17 Nov and I have already made the payment.

Today I realised that Paper application form has been withdrawn and I must only complete online application.

My question is since I have already made the payment when I reach to the payment step in the online form what should I do? It seems I have to add my banking details unless it is not possible to complete the application and print it.

How can i prevent twice payment?

Thank you
Susan

nehal_chai
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Paper application form withdrawn

Post by nehal_chai » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:29 pm

hey
Am in the same boat booked premium service but the forms gone online ...

Baba80
Newly Registered

Post by Baba80 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:58 pm

Well that is exactly what I realised this afternoon as I was about to reprint some pages I need to refill . Can I still use my paper form have printed earlier for my PSC appointment or it has to be online .

suziyedune
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by suziyedune » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:05 pm

It seems it has to be only online application as of today. but my problem is when i complete my application and reach to payment step i have to make the payment and select a new premium date ! but i have already make the payment and booked an appointment. this is very inconvenience and confusing. I am worried now in case lose my appointment and £3000 !!

Baba80
Newly Registered

Post by Baba80 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:12 am

Now am freaking out , because the time is not on my side . Is there any number we can call to clarify this for us . You cannot lose your money is just the case of when you can get it back and the processing . Can somebody please shed a light on this matter .

Baba80
Newly Registered

Post by Baba80 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:30 am

Just read on Gov website now that if you are booking your application online you should book premium service separately because you will be given the option to do so but it doesn’t explain further what to do if you had already done that . My issue is can we still use the printed form because had already downloaded and completed the paper form before it was withdrawn from online .

suziyedune
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by suziyedune » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:38 am

I will call them today again to clarify this, however, i called yesterday and she just said you have to complete the payment part too ! but that means pay another £3000 and select a new premium day which in my case there is no slot available for the next 45 days! While my current appointment is in two weeks and i have paid for.

Baba80
Newly Registered

Post by Baba80 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:01 am

Can you please send me the number you reach them on . Try and explain that there’s no appointment before your visa expires

anandb
Newly Registered
India

Post by anandb » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:37 am

YEs please share the phone number - my wife is applying for her ILR via dependant route tomorrow, so will be helpful to get a confirmation.
Thank you.

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:53 am

Hi,
Are there any changes applied in the online form? Is it different than the paper form?
Regards

AjajRatra
Newly Registered

Post by AjajRatra » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:14 am

I have an appointment next week, Is the paper SET O form still valid?

nehal_chai
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nehal_chai » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:12 am

Hey guys hope your well.. i give Ho a call today regards paper application if u have a paper application lastest version it will be fine to attend premuim service..

karar123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by karar123 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:50 pm

anandb wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:37 am
YEs please share the phone number - my wife is applying for her ILR via dependant route tomorrow, so will be helpful to get a confirmation.
Thank you.
Any update please? Could your wife submit paper form? really confused what to do?

Baba80
Newly Registered

Post by Baba80 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:09 pm

nehal_chai wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:12 am
Hey guys hope your well.. i give Ho a call today regards paper application if u have a paper application lastest version it will be fine to attend premuim service..

Thank you for clearing that out , I also read it this morning that as long as you have the latest version the paper form will be acceptable until 29th of Nov only . From then I think they are going paperless .

suziyedune
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by suziyedune » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Hi all

I also called H.O this afternoon ,they confirmed that we can take the paper form to the premium appointment since we have booked in advance of this new change. She said they are aware of this situation and have been informed to accept the paper application. But for those who will post their application i suggest to use the online application not to give them any excuse.

Hope this helps
Have a good weekend :)

ysabelle_0014
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ysabelle_0014 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:32 pm

Just to let othee know. some questions in the paper form is not available in online form. One of these is the financial requirement section. in the paper form they have a question there how will you meet the financial requirement where you can tick the boxes Catergory A,B,C,D, or F. But in online form there is nothing. So just wondering how would they know what category are we using to meet the financial requirement. Please give update. thank you.

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:36 am

ysabelle_0014 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:32 pm
Just to let othee know. some questions in the paper form is not available in online form. One of these is the financial requirement section. in the paper form they have a question there how will you meet the financial requirement where you can tick the boxes Catergory A,B,C,D, or F. But in online form there is nothing. So just wondering how would they know what category are we using to meet the financial requirement. Please give update. thank you.
Hi ysabelle, did you manage to finish your application what options did they provide you at the end? Is it just standard service or did they provide priority service as well?
Thanks

ysabelle_0014
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ysabelle_0014 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:29 pm

They have both. when you are on the pay section they will ask you if you want £2,389 or the £2999. i didnt pay yet as still waiting for my life in the uk exam on wed.

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:37 pm

ysabelle_0014 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:29 pm
They have both. when you are on the pay section they will ask you if you want £2,389 or the £2999. i didnt pay yet as still waiting for my life in the uk exam on wed.
Thanks ysabelle have you Selected the New service or Existing service? What I am really worried about is the New Service. Please let me know if what you reported early was part of the New Servicd.

Many thanks for your help

nehal_chai
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nehal_chai » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:00 pm

anandb wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:37 am
Thank you.
hey anand hope your well.. how did it go was the paper form all good at the centre? please update! thanks

shan101

Post by shan101 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:41 pm

I downloaded the paper form in October and it says "this form should be used used on application made on or after 21 September 2018".
Is this the latest version form SET LR
,How can people find the time to hate while life is too short to love,

aziznurani
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by aziznurani » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:00 pm

suziyedune wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:36 pm
Hi all

I also called H.O this afternoon ,they confirmed that we can take the paper form to the premium appointment since we have booked in advance of this new change. She said they are aware of this situation and have been informed to accept the paper application. But for those who will post their application i suggest to use the online application not to give them any excuse.

Hope this helps
Have a good weekend :)
thanks for sharing this Suziyedune, I was under pressure from this morning as I have booked and paid for 23 Nov, and was not sure if my paper application would be valid or not. Thanks again.

anandb
Newly Registered
India

Post by anandb » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi,

I accompanied my wife yesterday Sat 3rd Nov for ILR application, and the paper based form was absolutely fine. In fact, upon generally asking if there was a set deadline after which they won't accept the paper forms, I was told that there is no hard deadline and they will continue to take in paper based forms at least in November but look at phasing them out.

So paper based forms are all good for now!

Thank you,
Anand

nehal_chai
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nehal_chai » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:39 pm

thank u anandb also please confirm it was SET M 7-2018 the lastest for spouse settlement right?

anandb
Newly Registered
India

Post by anandb » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Based on her case, Set "O" was the relevant one which we used.