ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refund for tier 4 visa cancelation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hameed1980
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Refund for tier 4 visa cancelation

Post by Hameed1980 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Hello everyone,
I submitted my online tier 4 visa application on 8th November 2018, But I found an error in the application so I decided to cancel the appointment in the same day (8th November) . My appointment supposed to be on 15th of November2018. When I requested the cancelation, the system asked me what is the reason for cancellation so I picked "wrong visa type". I was confused so I did not really noticed that there is a field to mention other reasons. So the brief of my case is ,I cancelled my application online and one week before the date of the appointment, I have not walked to the visa center, i have not submitted any documents and my biometrics were not taken

However, I recieved an email confirming the refund request , but am still worried about two things:
1- Are my CAS and ATAS still valid ? In other words , is my application considered to be processed?? Please note that I applied outside UK.
2- Does cancelling the appointment mean in necessary cancelling the application?? I mean ,Do I need to contact UKVI to request the cancelation ?? And , will I be recieving refund for both of my visa fees and IHS fees or the IHS fees only ??

Thank you .

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Refund for tier 4 visa cancelation

Post by sah10406 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:09 am

Hameed1980 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:58 pm
1- Are my CAS and ATAS still valid ? In other words , is my application considered to be processed?? Please note that I applied outside UK.
It seems highly likely that the CAS has not been used, but double-check this with your Tier 4 sponsor.
Hameed1980 wrote:
2- Does cancelling the appointment mean in necessary cancelling the application?? I mean ,Do I need to contact UKVI to request the cancelation ?? And , will I be recieving refund for both of my visa fees and IHS fees or the IHS fees only ??
You also say
Hameed1980 wrote:
I cancelled my application online
You seem to be confused about whether you have cancelled your application or not. Again, I advise you speak to your Tier 4 sponsor to discuss your options.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sew
Pakistan

Post by sew » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:06 pm

From what I’ve read if you’ve made an error in the application make a covering letter mentioning the mistake made and submit it with documents on your appointment.
Best is to talk to your sponsor.

Hameed1980
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Hameed1980 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:30 pm

I talk to my sponsor and they advised that my CAS seems to be still alive in the ukvi system and I can use it. However, I submitted another application and booked another appointment on the same date and timing.

NSinSA
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by NSinSA » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:50 am

Hi there. I am in the same situation.... did you manage to get your money back though? I am not really worried about the new application itself, but I am rather concerned about the refund. Do they REALLY pay you back?