ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Winshee18
India

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by Winshee18 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:22 am

Hello

I have booked for my premium SET-LR application through the UKVCAS for tuesday 13th at Birmingham. Did anyone use this service before in any centre? Do anyone have experience of how long they take to process apllication? Did any of you upload the documents by yourself?

Thanks
WInshee

varma24365
Newly Registered

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by varma24365 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Great. same as you but mine on 16th at Manchester.

I called UKVCAS ,but they cannot answer the question.

Could you please post your experience here after your appointment.

thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:09 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:22 am
Hello

I have booked for my premium SET-LR application through the UKVCAS for tuesday 13th at Birmingham. Did anyone use this service before in any centre? Do anyone have experience of how long they take to process apllication? Did any of you upload the documents by yourself?

Thanks
WInshee
NoT many have used the new system. Some went for appointment today, we are waiting for their feedback. And by the way, all the centres activated so far are in England, no centre yet in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:05 am

I just thought I should add this information here instead of starting a new post. in addition to paying £19.20 for biometrics, if you are using any of the UKVCAS service points (in the Library), there will be another charge of £60 or £125 depending on the appointment time.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:22 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Hello

Thanks
WInshee
I have booked my appointment with UKVCAS and now ready to upload my documents online. I did exactly like what you did but i haven't any email from them. Im going to my appointment next thursday in Liverpool and hopefully can get a decision on friday..

However i am facing a problem.When I went to upload my documents, under "Mandatory documents" section, it doesn't give me any option to upload anything. There is nothing under document type. However, under "Optional documents" section, I can see that there are many document types I can choose to upload my documents. I am just wondering if there is anything wrong? Why I cannot upload anything under "Mandatory documents" section??

Have you faced the same issue too when uploading documents?? What options do you have under Mandatory documents and optional documents?

stabilo1974
Newly Registered

Post by stabilo1974 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:29 am

How have you managed to book this appointment? I can't find the web link, I have searched everywhere! Thanks so much.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:08 am

stabilo1974 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:29 am
How have you managed to book this appointment? I can't find the web link, I have searched everywhere! Thanks so much.
I have also failed to find any booking system for sopra steria. I believe it is only accessible through the UKVI online application process, after payment has been made. Maybe Josh can confirm?

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi Josh

I also had similar issue. In the mandatory documents section, there isn't anything for me to upload. SO I have uploaded all my documents in the optional section. There is not much of a choice.

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi Varma

Yes, will do after I attend my appointment tomorrow. I rang them to but not much of a help!

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:13 pm

Josh Hagino wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:22 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Hello

Thanks
WInshee
I have booked my appointment with UKVCAS and now ready to upload my documents online. I did exactly like what you did but i haven't any email from them. Im going to my appointment next thursday in Liverpool and hopefully can get a decision on friday..

However i am facing a problem.When I went to upload my documents, under "Mandatory documents" section, it doesn't give me any option to upload anything. There is nothing under document type. However, under "Optional documents" section, I can see that there are many document types I can choose to upload my documents. I am just wondering if there is anything wrong? Why I cannot upload anything under "Mandatory documents" section??

Have you faced the same issue too when uploading documents?? What options do you have under Mandatory documents and optional documents?

Hi Josh

I also had similar issue. In the mandatory documents section, there isn't anything for me to upload. SO I have uploaded all my documents in the optional section. There is not much of a choice.

kayden636
BANNED

Post by kayden636 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:28 pm

if u read home office new update and guide line it wil clrearly show that whith new seystem it wil b more cnance to b refused so i seugest u apply with post

varma24365
Newly Registered

Post by varma24365 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:07 pm

nice111

Post by nice111 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:29 pm

kayden636 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:28 pm
if u read home office new update and guide line it wil clrearly show that whith new seystem it wil b more cnance to b refused so i seugest u apply with post
Hi kayden636,

Can you please provide the source of this information?

Why would it be refused when you satisfy the rules and requirements?

Thanks

stabilo1974
Newly Registered

Post by stabilo1974 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Looks like the main site is now live: https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:00 pm

kayden636 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:28 pm
which guideline are you referring to? The immigration rules have not changed and the same standard will be used to make a decision on the application. So using the new system does not make any difference in the outcome of your application. And FYI, the old system will stop by the end of November so everyone will be using the new system. Yes, it might take a few months to get the new system running effectively, but it doesn't change anything about your application.
Your application is still completed and submitted on UKVI website, so the HO has your application form. The only thing Sopra Steria is doing is biometrics and supporting document collection, which they will then forward to UKVI (similar to when you do biometrics at the post office).
I hope I have been able to convince you that the new system does not increase the chance of refusal.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:06 pm

stabilo1974 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:33 pm
Looks like the main site is now live: https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal
I dont think that you can use this site if you have not completed the application form on UKVI website.
This how it works,
You complete the online application, make payment and then you will be directed to the ukvcas website to book your appointment. You will be given a code to activate the ukvcas account.
select the appointment centre that suits you, make any payment (if applicable) and then you have your appointment booked. That's how it works.
I also noticed that you cannot change the appointment date, you can only cancel and book another one.

NatApplicant
Newly Registered

Post by NatApplicant » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:25 pm

Djsuccess, can you say which status are you applying for and which centres are available for you to choose from?

I am applying for Naturalisation and can currently only select from 4 centres: Birmingham (Core), London (premium lounge), Cambridge and Peterborough.

I'm waiting for my nearest core centre (Croydon) to be available. Is anybody able to book Croydon at all?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:30 pm

NatApplicant wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:25 pm
Djsuccess, can you say which status are you applying for and which centres are available for you to choose from?

I am applying for Naturalisation and can currently only select from 4 centres: Birmingham (Core), London (premium lounge), Cambridge and Peterborough.

I'm waiting for my nearest core centre (Croydon) to be available. Is anybody able to book Croydon at all?
If you read the information links posted in all the subforum as announcements,thr link to the roll out would have been found.

Sopra Steria and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) (Click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

varma24365
Newly Registered

Post by varma24365 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:33 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:06 pm
Hi Varma

Yes, will do after I attend my appointment tomorrow. I rang them to but not much of a help!
Thank you Winshee18.

I just call home office to asking how we are contacted after decision made by the case worker.( Super premium service : new service)

they said we do not have information about new service :roll:

Please ask at the bio-metric appointment center. If they say upto 6 months, then no point of paying extra £610..

will be waiting for your reply tomorrow. all the best...

sohailghani
Newly Registered

Post by sohailghani » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:37 pm

hi,

I have confusion about the New Visa Service UKVCAS.
1.If I use new service then I will get decision of application on the same day as like previously premium service? So which service I need to take?
2. If I use by post application then I need to get UKVCAS appointment to upload the documents?

NatApplicant
Newly Registered

Post by NatApplicant » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:30 pm
NatApplicant wrote:

If you read the information links posted in all the subforum as announcements,thr link to the roll out would have been found.

Thanks CR001, I am aware of the announced rollout schedule. Specifically, page 4 of UKVI presentation here:

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/wp-cont ... 183515.pdf

So by today (12 Nov) more than 20 centres should have been available. However, I can only see 4 centres available for booking an appt. for my Naturalisation application. I would be interested to know what other applicants are experiencing in terms of availability of centres.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:47 pm

varma24365 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:33 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:06 pm
Hi Varma

Thank you Winshee18.

I just call home office to asking how we are contacted after decision made by the case worker.( Super premium service : new service)

they said we do not have information about new service :roll:

Please ask at the bio-metric appointment center. If they say upto 6 months, then no point of paying extra £610..

will be waiting for your reply tomorrow. all the best...
The choice of standard or super priority is made on UKVI website and the payment is made there. Sopra Steria can not tell you how long it will take to process your visa. Sopra Steria are only collecting your biometrics and supporting document, they are not processing the application. If you have not chosen super priority before going to the service centre, you are already in the 6 months processing timeline.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:49 pm

NatApplicant wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:41 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:30 pm
NatApplicant wrote:

Thanks CR001, I am aware of the announced rollout schedule. Specifically, page 4 of UKVI presentation here:

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/wp-cont ... 183515.pdf

So by today (12 Nov) more than 20 centres should have been available. However, I can only see 4 centres available for booking an appt. for my Naturalisation application. I would be interested to know what other applicants are experiencing in terms of availability of centres.

The system is designed to show you the closest 4 centres based on your post code. If you want a different centre, enter the post code of the city and you will see new set of 4 centres close to the new post code.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:32 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:08 am
stabilo1974 wrote:
I have also failed to find any booking system for sopra steria. I believe it is only accessible through the UKVI online application process, after payment has been made. Maybe Josh can confirm?
Hi, yes, you need to submit online form and pay first then they will link you to another website to book appointment. Hope that helps.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:33 pm

stabilo1974 wrote:
Hi, you need to fill out application form on gov. then pay, then they will link you to another website to book appointment.