ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transfer of my NTL into Biometric card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vicogunrinde
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Transfer of my NTL into Biometric card

Post by vicogunrinde » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:49 pm

Good evening moderators and audience
Please put light through the darkness shadow on my behalf. I have been residing in UK since the year December 1990.

I got my indefinite to live and work permanently into my passport in the year 2004. Since then I have been working conveniently in UK which also allowed me to achieved my 1st degree. Just a month ago my employer now requested for my NTL to be transfer into my new passport before I can be allowed to assumed my duty back to workplace.
I now applied through my Solicitor on 18th October, posted out to Durham. HO received on 19th October. Up till this moment money hasn’t been taking from my sons credited which was set on my application on my behalf by my son as a token gift towards my NTL transfer up till this moment money hasn’t been taken from the credit card and no acknowledgment letter.

This is very dehumanising. All my five children are European citizens by birth and all are carrying European passport.

Now I cannot return to work without acknowledgment letter which has already made my employer to squashed my permanent contract with my employer, now Ivhsve to queue again for permanent place at my workplace which Ibdo not know when that could be. I have huge bills to settled and without my job all I relied on as security are in danger.

Please moderator kindly assist in speedy action with my case worker to expo fire action on my case for an issuance of Acknowledgment letter for me to present to my workplace ASAP.

My tracking number:KsxxxxxxxGB

Please kindly help me, I’m over 50 years in age and I have been a single parent for over 15 years now. I have aged parents in Africa I’m taking care of by sending them my widows mite and still have dependent children. Without a job I cannot continue my obligation towards my children and my parents needs. My needs also is affected.

I hope to hear positive response soon

I remain humble & calm.

(V.O.O.A)

vicogunrinde
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Transfer of my NTL into Biometric card

Post by vicogunrinde » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:01 pm

2nd page: I meant you should please get in touch with the HO on my behalf to expedite action in transferring my NTL into my new passport and get my acknowledgment letter send out to my Solicitor to enable him forward to my address.
With acknowledgment letter pending the transfer of NTL my job is guaranteed. Xmas is on the way. So many my parental commitments are at stake in my household. Moderators please help out of this isolation and distress I’m undergoing at the moment.
I remain humble & Calm

(V.O.O.A)

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:06 am

I am sure this issue has stressed you out. However moderators on this forum do not work for UKVI or Home Office and this website is not connected to UK visa and Immigration. This is a privately owned public forum and the members (including the moderators) are simply volunteers who help out applicants with the immigration advice here for free.
This means we cannot contact UKVI or home office on your behalf and we cannot influence any immigration case. That is all at the hands of the UKVI :!:

Please remember that the requirement to have a Biometric Card to prove your right to work has been in place since 2014. The reference number of the UKVI letter should enable your employer to perform Right To Work checks with the UKVI and you should be back to work without any issues. Your biometric card could take up to 6 months to arrive.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vicogunrinde
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by vicogunrinde » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:12 pm

Hello moderator,

Thank you so much for your immediate response to my above stated case (transfer of NTL to Biometric card). I visited my workplace today and my manager and his team have played a fantastic role in my case by calling the home office with his official mobile number all communication was in a professional manner to Home office via home office call centre. Home office asked me security questions which I answered correctly and I was allocated with enquiry reference number verbally and via my email address.

I sent an appreciation courtesy thank you back to UKVI immediately on my way home.

Unknowingly, HO sent a second email by asking further for more security questions which I was requested to call them and give all information to them which I comply with by calling the UKVI callingcentre again, gave all information to them

Last question the call centre advisor asked me was to know if money has been taking from my sons credit card which my son presented via my application form for collection of their fees and I made the call centre advisor aware that money hasn’t been taking.

In a nutshell, he replied to me that all questions I answered has been noted and email back to UKVI to enable them take the fee and by very latest I should get an acknowledgment letter send to me within two working days from today.

I also enquire my Solicitor to send out a letter to them in his company’s format paper, which he comply with promptly.

Finger cross and hopefully acknowledgment letter will come through the post as advised by the UKVI call centre advisor.

Moderator thank you so much.
I’m getting relief gradually from 4-5 weeks stress I have been going through since I was asked to stay at home from work just because of transfer of NTL to Biometric card☺️

I will be back soon to share my fruitful testimony with you.

I remain humble & calm

(V.O.O.A).

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:23 pm

UKVI call center as far as I am aware is not manned by home office staff and might be managed by third party companies. So you should not rely on that at all. I suggest to tell your employer to view this page: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... yers-guide
It is their duty to perform right to work checks when you do not have right documentation to prove your right to work. If they go through this, the UKVI officially confirms your right to work and they then can safely admit you back at work.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:45 pm

If your current employers had previously checked your valid ILR/NTL documents and you are not changing employers, then there is no requirement for them to recheck your ILR/NTL documents.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vicogunrinde
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by vicogunrinde » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:27 pm

Good afternoon my adorable moderators and audience. At the end, I got my acknowledgment letter from the HO today at around 10:00 an after intensive security checks carried out on me, asking me various security questions from my voice talk via telephone conversation and email, at the end irespobse from Immigration settlement turned out positive for me🤗😂😘😘.

I have received my acknowledgment letter and my case has been considered for the issuance of Biometric card. I am so delightful and grateful for your kind response and support all through working three days I fully joined the sight constructively.
From ☺️Heart to a big 🤗🤗🤗and smile from me & my children.

Now I have hope that I’ll receive my Biometric card soon according to what I was told by the Immigration settlement department 🤣🤣🤣
Once again thankful💖😂😂😂

I remain humble & Calm🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿

(V.O.O.A)

vicogunrinde
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by vicogunrinde » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:30 pm

OMG☺️. Father in heaven please save my soul.
It’s already five weeks now that I have been staying at home with no job as my employer wanted an acknowledgment letter from Home office. I eventually received an acknowledgment letter with the support my workplace gave to me by phoning UKVI. Surprisingly, there was huge error with the acknowledgment letter from the Home office. The errors was:Home office addressed me as Mrs with my maiden name.
Secondly: Home office ended my last maiden name with letter (e) instead of letter (i). This was mentioned to my Solicitor and he sent a letter to Home office asap to effect the changes by sending me a new acknowledgment letter with my Married name which I submitted for the issuance of my acknowledgment letter and Aldo effect that in issuance of my Biometric Card.

Wao, Home office has never responded to letter sent to them by my Solicitor, which has made my case getting detorriorating. No money to feed myself, no money to pay all my outstanding bills, my emoyare ready to get me back to work only if I get an acknowledgment letter in my married name which I used to apply for job with them.

This is massacre, how can I explain this further, living in U.K. for over 27 years all my Children are carrying European passport as they were born here. I am devastating. I’m over 50 years of age, no husband for over 15 years, I single handedky trained all my children and they are all very good citizens never get assistance from job centre since they attained young adulthood stage and adulthood stage.

This is absolutely a huge slap on my face😊

Moderators, audience please help me and crow to Home office on my behalf. I am a Citizen under United Nation. I’m so purely as I haven’t been feeding well as I did not have sufficient money on me. My Children’s wages has been going on household expenses pending when I get back to work. Obviously their are some other bills that I have to pay which I can’t solely depend on my children as they have their personal bills to pay weekly/monthly as well.

Uhmmmmmmmm: I’ don’t know way forward anymore because I’m seriously confused with the Home office system as it works against me that has got my permanent settlement far back May 2004. This is just a blast on my integrity.

I thought I will be sharing tasty testimony this week with everyone on this forum. I fortunately, it was a shame that I’m still in stagnant position

Help please moderators and audience. Home
office please!!!

N.B: I have sent out an email to them as well today as the Call centre said they can’t do nothing
the only option is to give me the undermention email address for me to email and I was told that it will take two weeks before I can get a response
Why?? Amendment should take effect promptly.

The email I sent Home Office error complain to was: appointmentexceptiobs@homeoffice.gov.uk

I still remain calm & Humble
(V.O.O.A)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:52 pm

Moderators, audience please help me and crow to Home office on my behalf.
We do not work for HO and are NOT affiliated in ANY way to the Home Office and CANNOT 'crow to HO' on your behalf!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:27 am

You have been advised several times on the solution to your problem but you seem not to read them :?: :?:

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:17 am

Is this a new job?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vicogunrinde
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by vicogunrinde » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:14 am

Good morning moderator,

I actually read all your response from time to time. My job is contract based which if the employer didn’t took us for permanent position immediately as our job is target based, the assignment or contract will end and if you enjoy working with the Organisation your agency will send you back to work in the Organisation.

My own case I achieved my targets, attitudes & behaviour process but along the line the permanent contract was withdrew simply because my NTL was in my older passport.

I was not out through the right direction not until when I decided to figure it out with my head and said I will take a step further by transferring my NTL to Biometric.

Upon receiving acknowledgement letter from HO there was numerous errors on the acknowledgment which my agency said that they actually needed an acknowledgment letter that carries my married name as they know me as Mrs with my married name, and knows me as former miss with my maiden name.

I am seriously in a state of dilemma now.
It’s quite a shame. My country is member of Common wealth.

My questions to Secretary of Home office is why we with indefinite to reside and work in the Country permanently experience a very long waiting from one month to immemorial months. Why can’t our case worker deal with our cases instantly with no cause to pay for the Biometric card as we had paid for our Vigenette in the past

I know this my question might be unanswerable but I just want the Home office to over view their legislation and get things done in time rather than later.

I remain calm & humble

(V.O.O.A).

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:51 am

At one time, an ILR in an expired passport was acceptable. But perhaps they were afraid of ILR holders being absent from the UK for over two continuous years since acquiring ILR? However, an Immigration Officer should have determined that when admitting the ILR holder into the UK.

See also Failure to provide evidence of right to work not a fair reason to dismiss, says Employment Appeal Tribunal.

vicogunrinde
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by vicogunrinde » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:22 pm

Good evening my hard working moderators and audience. One thing is baffling my mind😱. My son said to me that HO haven’t taking money from his credit card for the transfer if my NTL into Biometric card. Please broaden my scope more on this confused HO legislation. Does HO usually take money from the card one entered into the application for via post 1st before processing the Biometric card or do they take the money when they have finish processing the application for the issuance of Biometric card. I am just all over the place like a toddler. Please guide me through because all has muddle up for me to figure out the way forward or backward.

Imagine, I’m mother of five children all with their European passport because I had them here, me that use my head to remove all shrubs from pathways for my children and myself is in Zombie status😊. This is absolutely barbaric and a huge slap on my face😭😭😭. I have been reduced to nothing upon getting my settlement far back in 2004.

I remain calm & humble

(V.O.O.A).

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:11 am

Did you authorise payment of their fees?

vicogunrinde
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by vicogunrinde » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:13 am

Good morning moderators and audience.
The payment was authorised by my son because it was his credit card details he entered into the form and he signed and dated accordingly.

Well, I have sent a postal order to them via my Solicitor. The biggest issue now is that HO still sending me correspondence in my maiden name and addressing me with the name as Mrs, while I completed my application in my married name.

I’m still at home very poorly. Huge bills at my doorstep and I might be facing eviction and I will eventually be rendered homeless.

My employer won’t take me back according to them due to the errors made by Home office on the acknowledgment letter send to me. The acknowledgment letter is not tenable as there was numerous errors on it.

I have sent an email but hearing nothing at all.
It’s quite sad. I am shattered!

I hope all this will be sorted out in good time.

I remain calm and humble.

(V.O.O.A)