ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Oversea fund for evidence of savings

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ikmal03
Newly Registered

Oversea fund for evidence of savings

Post by ikmal03 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:06 pm

I was under Tier 2 visa until April 2018 when I switched to ILR (after 5 years on Tier 2). My wife and son joined me in the UK (July 2017). Their Tier 2 visa will expire in 2 weeks time. During their first application, I used maintenance letter from the company so I did not provide any evidence of saving. I thought the situation is the same for this time to extend their visa. Without realising it, the situation is different because I am with ILR status now, so the company cannot provide any maintenance letter. The issue is I dont keep enough money in my UK bank account for the 90 days period. I have oversea investment (unit trust) which certainly satisfy the amount UKVI required for the 90 days period. This is stored in the financial institution oversea. Can I provide the statement/ letter from them showing that I have the required fund for the 90 days period. Is this acceptable? Please advise. I dont want to go with FM route which seems to be more difficult with more documentations.