ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (LR) Question B12 Proof of Cohabitation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

22abhi22
Newly Registered
Mauritius

SET (LR) Question B12 Proof of Cohabitation

Post by 22abhi22 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:18 pm

Dear friends,

My wife and I have been in the UK for 10 years. My wife applied for ILR via the 10 years long residence route SET(LR) 2 days ago and her application was successful.

I have my premium appointment tomorrow, and I am just going through a final check on my SET(LR) application form and relevant documents. In the SET(LR) form, Question B12, states as follows:

If you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship with a person who is settled in the UK or who is a British citizen, please provide their details here, including their name, nationality and date of birth. You must provide evidence of cohabitation since the start of this relationship.

My question is whether I need to provide proof of cohabitation? I am applying 2 days after she got her ILR.

I urgently need some advice. Thank you very much.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: SET (LR) Question B12 Proof of Cohabitation

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:52 am

How do you achieve 10 years in the UK?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

22abhi22
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Re: SET (LR) Question B12 Proof of Cohabitation

Post by 22abhi22 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:23 am

Hi cyclina1,

Thank you for the reply. I completed 10 years as follows:

Aug 2008 to 2012 - Student Visa (studying at university)
2012 to Nov 2015 - Tier 2 General (Working)
Jan 2016 to Present - Tier 4 General (PhD).

I completed 10 years in August 2018.

Do you think I still need proof for cohabitation even if I am applying individually via the Long Residence route? My wife applied 2 days ago via LR as well. The fact that there is a question (B12) in the set (LR) form, asking if I am in a relationship with a person settled in the UK, (which I believe my wife is as she should now have "a settled status"), do I need to answer this or should just ignore it.? I am not sure, I am confused.

Your help will be very invaluable to me.

Thank you very much,