ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:25 am

Applied from UK( WP to Tier 1 -Initial Application )
Applied on: April 29
Payment on: May 01
Ref. Letter received: May 2 ( letter dated 30th April)
Phone call from home office : June 2 - to email Section AA1
Decision on :
Documents received on:

hussainkothari wrote:Hi chakde23,

Could you share you application dates please.

-H

ceediddy
Newly Registered

Post by ceediddy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:31 am

As much as i am delighted for those who have gotten approvals....i think i speak for all when i say Itz futrating when you have to wait this long...i applied 18th april and still no show but pple have applied later than that and they get their stuff asap....
just pray you get a gr8 case worker when u apply...
still waiting :evil:

ceediddy
Newly Registered

Post by ceediddy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:41 am

.....Also, i am losing money staying on land...cant' travel offshore till i get my passport and my bosses are not happy about this

beever

Post by beever » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:22 am

Great! Looks like the queue is moving forward :)

Let's keep each other updated on the progress whenever we hear back.

thanks and good luck guys
k_v wrote:Hi All,
Sorry :? to have confused you about the dates.

Please read the details as below;

Applied from UK( WP to Tier 1 with valid approval letter )
Applied on: April 24
Payment on: April 28
Ref. Letter received: April 28
Decision on: 24th May
Documents received on: 31st May

All the best to the people waiting..
..cheers :)
k_v wrote:Hi all,
Received the passport with 3 years stamping. :lol:
Thanks to all the forum members. Forum has been very useful and informative.

Applied from UK( WP to Tier 1 with valid approval letter )
Applied on: April 24
Payment on: April 28
Ref. Letter received: April 28
Decision on: 24th April
Documents received on: 31st April

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:25 am

I would think it works in this way

1. Applications are assigned to caseworkers based on each caseworkers queue.
2. Caseworkers work on one case and others remain in his individual queue.

There is no gaurantee two caseworkers will finish the current case at the same time - it may be due to complexity of case or inefficiency of the caseworker.

So if you have applied earlier than applicant xyz, your application will be assigned to caseworker earlier than xyz's. But it may happen the caseworker of xyz finishes his current case earlier than your caseworker, so there is a chance xyz's application is processed earlier than your case.

I wud think this is the reason why the applications donot come out exactly in the same order that they get into the system.

ceediddy wrote:As much as i am delighted for those who have gotten approvals....i think i speak for all when i say Itz futrating when you have to wait this long...i applied 18th april and still no show but pple have applied later than that and they get their stuff asap....
just pray you get a gr8 case worker when u apply...
still waiting :evil:

Technonerve

Re: SECTION AA1 - DO COMPLETE IT !!! ALL APPLICANTS !

Post by Technonerve » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:43 am

It seems i did the same mistake, but no one called me, i got a first class letter on the 31st of may, but it says that i didn't fill Maintenance funds and public funds ( page 34-35) they got me confused because i filled maintenance and funds on page 22 which applies to my case! so i filled section AA and faxed it on the 30th (because i called that day and i knew that i didn't fill it) and faxed the same with section Z not filled stating that this is done upon ur request, I sent the whole papers too by special delivery just now, and i called this morning, and asked to speak with the caseworker (and as predicted, no u can't speake with her as she is busy!! it's like i am playing the whole day!) but he checked with her, and it seems it was done by mistake telling me to fill Section Z!!!!! *grrrrrrrr* but they still didn't received my fax, and i won't comment on the errors in the letter that it was sent to me this is between brackets!. I am getting fed up i applied on the 28th of april and the letter was sent on the 28th of may, i believe that's the time for any case to be assigned to a caseworker after a month of dust collecting! i won't moan about my commitments i think we all have commitments to deal with and we r tied up without passports.
So Good luck everyone
chakde23 wrote:Hi Headley,

Just to update you - i heard this morning ( 8.20 am ) from my caseworker stating i have not completed section AA ( public funds ), hence he asked me to tick either yes or no and email it to him asap . It was indeed nice of him to have called instead of sending letter , etc !

I asked him if any other information is pending or if everthing else is fine & he said he is just doing the initial checking of application and hence cant say anything as of now . When asked, how long it will take from this point - he said as soon as he has page 34 & he completes initial checking - it should not take long !

I guess from today onwards they have started working on my case & hopefully should get some news soon.....

BUT LETS ASK ALL NEW APPLICANTS TO COMPLETE SECTION AA - ( THOUGH ITS CONFUSING AS ONE WOULD MISS IT COMPLETELY AS ITS AT BOTTOM OF PAGE 34 )

[/b]

Dinesh_2008
Newly Registered

Post by Dinesh_2008 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:47 am

i had called HO today, this time happens to be lady.

i asked for status, but got same answer "The application might be with case worker, but will take 10weeks".

i asked her on urgent treatment:
yes they do consider urgent treatment. fax a letter stating the reason and prove sufficient evidence. SHE SAID, THEY WILL NOT CONSIDER FAMILY TRAVEL AS URGENT. like travel for friends marriage/ sis/bro marriage.

then i asked about withdrawing application;
yes they do consider. again we need to send a fax and also we can arrange for a courier to pick our documents.

chakde23

Re: SECTION AA1 - DO COMPLETE IT !!! ALL APPLICANTS !

Post by chakde23 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:47 am

Hi Technonerve,

I can understand your frustration , but i guess we dont have any options but to hold our nerves !!!

BTW why dont you ask for an email id for your caseworker next time you speak to them....infact to be honest i am quite surprised & impressed with my caseworker - not only did he call me this morning but also responded to my email within 2 minutes of reading i ! he acknowledged my receipt of page 34 !

Hope we get +ve results soon !

Technonerve wrote:It seems i did the same mistake, but no one called me, i got a first class letter on the 31st of may, but it says that i didn't fill Maintenance funds and public funds ( page 34-35) they got me confused because i filled maintenance and funds on page 22 which applies to my case! so i filled section AA and faxed it on the 30th (because i called that day and i knew that i didn't fill it) and faxed the same with section Z not filled stating that this is done upon ur request, I sent the whole papers too by special delivery just now, and i called this morning, and asked to speak with the caseworker (and as predicted, no u can't speake with her as she is busy!! it's like i am playing the whole day!) but he checked with her, and it seems it was done by mistake telling me to fill Section Z!!!!! *grrrrrrrr* but they still didn't received my fax, and i won't comment on the errors in the letter that it was sent to me this is between brackets!. I am getting fed up i applied on the 28th of april and the letter was sent on the 28th of may, i believe that's the time for any case to be assigned to a caseworker after a month of dust collecting! i won't moan about my commitments i think we all have commitments to deal with and we r tied up without passports.
So Good luck everyone
chakde23 wrote:Hi Headley,

Just to update you - i heard this morning ( 8.20 am ) from my caseworker stating i have not completed section AA ( public funds ), hence he asked me to tick either yes or no and email it to him asap . It was indeed nice of him to have called instead of sending letter , etc !

I asked him if any other information is pending or if everthing else is fine & he said he is just doing the initial checking of application and hence cant say anything as of now . When asked, how long it will take from this point - he said as soon as he has page 34 & he completes initial checking - it should not take long !

I guess from today onwards they have started working on my case & hopefully should get some news soon.....

BUT LETS ASK ALL NEW APPLICANTS TO COMPLETE SECTION AA - ( THOUGH ITS CONFUSING AS ONE WOULD MISS IT COMPLETELY AS ITS AT BOTTOM OF PAGE 34 )

[/b]

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:55 am

I had a dry run of filling in my application. I realised that the section AA is easy to miss out. I had made a note of this and took care while filling in my mail app. I have also taken a copy of my filled app before I submitted to the HO. Section AA is filled!! Filling in those mock applications and getting it reviewed by my complaining wife was worth it!!

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:58 am

i am sure your wife would not complain once you receive your tier 1 visa stamped :D

hussainkothari wrote:I had a dry run of filling in my application. I realised that the section AA is easy to miss out. I had made a note of this and took care while filling in my mail app. I have also taken a copy of my filled app before I submitted to the HO. Section AA is filled!! Filling in those mock applications and getting it reviewed by my complaining wife was worth it!!

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:11 am

I tried the same thing - requested my wife to verify the applications once. But my ever-fighting wife didn't oblige me this time too.
hussainkothari wrote:I had a dry run of filling in my application. I realised that the section AA is easy to miss out. I had made a note of this and took care while filling in my mail app. I have also taken a copy of my filled app before I submitted to the HO. Section AA is filled!! Filling in those mock applications and getting it reviewed by my complaining wife was worth it!!

anilhemnani

Post by anilhemnani » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:31 am

Guys as expected... no luck today as well....

jessica_halida

Post by jessica_halida » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:56 am

Congrats for those who just get their passport back :)
I am happy that all the while all has been good news!

Hope mine will come soon too.

rajivferroin

Applied for Tier1

Post by rajivferroin » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:48 pm

Hi Shiva, Can you please update list which you are maintaining

rajivferroin:
Applied via special delivery from UK(HSMP to Tier 1)
Applied on: May 30
Ref Letter dated: May 30
Ref. Letter received: June 2
Payment on:
Decision on:
Documents received on:

Mannu:
Applied via special delivery from UK( WP to Tier 1)
Payment on:
Decision on:
Documents received on:

anilhemnani

Post by anilhemnani » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:07 pm

Rajiv,
You can yourself copy the old list and paste it in new post in continuation. Remove very old cases which were decided and continue from which are showing as pending.

shivaa

Re: Applied for Tier1

Post by shivaa » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:19 pm

Yes sure Rajiv!
rajivferroin wrote:Hi Shiva, Can you please update list which you are maintaining

rajivferroin:
Payment on:
Decision on:
Documents received on:

Mannu:
Payment on:
Decision on:
Documents received on:

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:22 pm

Jus got confirmation from HO that i would get documents by Tomm.Itz on the way...

chakde23

Re: Applied for Tier1

Post by chakde23 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:22 pm

Hi Shiva,

My details :

Applied from UK( WP to Tier 1 -Initial Application )
Applied on: April 29
Payment on: May 01
Ref. Letter received: May 2 ( letter dated 30th April)
Phone call from home office : June 2 - to email Section AA1
Decision on :
Documents received on:

shivaa wrote:Yes sure Rajiv!
rajivferroin wrote:Hi Shiva, Can you please update list which you are maintaining

rajivferroin:
Payment on:
Decision on:
Documents received on:

Mannu:
Payment on:
Decision on:
Documents received on:

shivaa

Re: My Timelines

Post by shivaa » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:25 pm

Congrats man!
LifeisStruggle wrote:Hi Guys, I got good news from my agent today. Below are the details

My time line
Type of application : SEGS to Tier 1
Application Sent : 24/4/2008
Payment taken : 25/4/2008
Ref no dated : 25/04/2008
Ref number : PB30****
Decision: Approved
Received: 02/06/2008

Thanks to all those who keep this forum up as it is really a light house in dark :) . Good luck to all who are still waiting.

LifeisStruggle wrote:My time line
Decision: awaited

cooldepps

Post by cooldepps » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi Shivaa,

Can you give your application details please?

Thanks & Regards,
Deven Bairat.
shivaa wrote:Congrats man!
LifeisStruggle wrote:Hi Guys, I got good news from my agent today. Below are the details

My time line

Thanks to all those who keep this forum up as it is really a light house in dark :) . Good luck to all who are still waiting.

anilhemnani

Post by anilhemnani » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:34 pm

Congrats to all those who shared good news...

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:38 pm

Congrats , did your agent say when was it approved ? was it last friday / thursay ?

My time line

LifeisStruggle
Newly Registered

Post by LifeisStruggle » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:00 pm

Once again thanks guys.

Chakde, I could'nt ask him about that as I have been really busy whole day with clients (I am Business Consultant). But as soon as I find out I would post details.

LifeisStruggle
Newly Registered

Post by LifeisStruggle » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:02 pm

Good luck Shivaa, I hope good news is on its way :)
shivaa wrote:Jus got confirmation from HO that i would get documents by Tomm.Itz on the way...

Dinesh_2008
Newly Registered

Post by Dinesh_2008 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:09 pm

Shivaa,

when did you apply?

how did you get to know on status? I'm trying my best to get any status as i have planned to travel.

Thanks man
shivaa wrote:Jus got confirmation from HO that i would get documents by Tomm.Itz on the way...