ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA - EFM (Unmarried Partner) RC Renewal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aaaallll04
Newly Registered
United States of America

EEA - EFM (Unmarried Partner) RC Renewal

Post by Aaaallll04 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:08 pm

Hi all,

I am dreading the situation I am in as we all know how stressful immigration issues can be. I will keep my queries and background short!

I am a Greek/American national. Came to UK in July 2012, applied for RC for myself and partner (American) and was granted. Partner’s RC expired Sept 2018, and we are now renewing.

She has full-time job. I had a full-time job as a trader in the city of London. I have undergraduate and masters degree. In 2014, I left my job and we moved to Paris for 9 months to take some time to ourselves. Upon returning to London, I was looking for a new job for about 2.5 years. I have record of about 30/jobs/month jobs applied during that time.

In 2017, I started my own company. I haven’t filed an tax returns yet, as I will be doing that end of next financial year. Net income annually is about £35k.

Here are my questions. Please keep in mind this application is for my partner only:

1) at some point I wasn’t exercising treaty right as job seeker is generally only allowed for 90 days (I think). Will they want to know what I’ve been doing over the course of the past 5 years? Or can I just provide them with the information of the company I have now?

2) What does one need to provide as a sole trader? I was going to provide copies of cash flow statements, evidence of those funds entering my account, invoices, link to website/social media. Is that sufficient?

3) doesnt it matter more that I am now exercising treaty right?

I feel like now I’ve made a big mistake that I can’t undo. I had plenty of funds when I left my job (£xxx,xxx but I don’t want to claim self sufficient) and I wanted to take time off work. My partner has a high paying job and my company is slowly growing bigger. I just have a bad feeling about this whole exercising treaty right.

Thank you.

Aaaallll04
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: EEA - EFM (Unmarried Partner) RC Renewal

Post by Aaaallll04 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:37 pm

No suggestions? :(