ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting douments for Permanent Residency

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bee5
Newly Registered
Mood:

Supporting douments for Permanent Residency

Post by Bee5 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:16 pm

Hello Guys,

I am applying for a permanent residence as I have lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years as a full time worker.

I will be completing the application online, however using the European passport return service.

I am a bit confused about the supporting documents.

Question 1: Do I need to send them original P45's/P60's and WRS Card? My worry is that I will need the original documents in the future.

Question 2: If I do need to send them original documents, how do they know if for example P45 is an original version and not a photocopy? I have a bunch of P45s that I received directly from the employers, however they look like they have been printed from the PDF document onto the ordinary paper. There are no signatures on them.

I have one P45 which was provided to me electronically. I could print it using the colour printer and it will look exactly the same as other 'original' ones that I have. Do I really need for the employer to certify/stamp it?

As for P60 they are clearly genuine and original as they are printed on a non-standard size and special non see through paper.

Question 3: I have also come across some discussions on this forum where people are talking about providing more than P60's or P45's. They are saying that it's good to also provide at least one payslip per P60/P45. Is that really a requirement? Is this something I should send as well? All payslips are electronical nowadays so I would need to contact every employer and ask for them to certify the copies etc.

Thank you very much!

Agisn
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Supporting douments for Permanent Residency

Post by Agisn » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:39 pm

I've recently applied for Permanent Residency Card and have exactly the same question - will HO return my payslips and other supporting document (marriage certificate etc...) or are they going to keep them and only return ID card / passport?

milarrocha
Newly Registered

Re: Supporting douments for Permanent Residency

Post by milarrocha » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:05 am

Hey both - from my experience, HO always return all documents. Hope that helps.