ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - CSWP in Progress - New Passport Applied

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

piaiift
Newly Registered
India

Urgent - CSWP in Progress - New Passport Applied

Post by piaiift » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:34 pm

Hi All,

My CSWP is in progress and application was submitted few weeks ago. I have to apply to for a passport re-issuance due to minor issues. Passport authority has already cancelled the OLD passport.

Now, this would mean passport number on work permit is no more valid.

Questions:

1. As new passport number will be different than old passport number (used for CSWP application), does that mean my CSWP application is invalidated. Will this impact my VISA application?

2. Will Dublin office check with Indian Passport office for status of my passport. If yes, issue will be my old passport has already been cancelled.

Please help everyone. I do not want to withdraw CSWP application and start a new one again.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Urgent - CSWP in Progress - New Passport Applied

Post by max307 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:19 pm

piaiift wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:34 pm
Hi All,

My CSWP is in progress and application was submitted few weeks ago. I have to apply to for a passport re-issuance due to minor issues. Passport authority has already cancelled the OLD passport.

Now, this would mean passport number on work permit is no more valid.

Questions:

1. As new passport number will be different than old passport number (used for CSWP application), does that mean my CSWP application is invalidated. Will this impact my VISA application?

2. Will Dublin office check with Indian Passport office for status of my passport. If yes, issue will be my old passport has already been cancelled.

Please help everyone. I do not want to withdraw CSWP application and start a new one again.
All the EU visas stickers including Ireland contain a passport number field, it will be the passport number you used for the application. Since that passport is now cancelled and you are getting a new passport with a new passport number obviously this affects you application and subsequently your visa.

I would get in touch with the Irish embassy processing your application/visa to see their recommendations.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.