ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode renewal taking months - anyone else in same boat?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gsmith
Newly Registered
Australia

Right of Abode renewal taking months - anyone else in same boat?

Post by gsmith » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:16 pm

I'm an Aussie who has lived and worked in the UK for 30 years on a Right of Abode visa - have a Brit husband and kids. Each time I've renewed my Right of Abode it has been turned around in a matter of days but this time is taking ages! They have had my passport for months and the Home Office say they won't update me unless it's been more than 6 months. Ages to be without a passport. Is anyone else experiencing this wait? I'm concerned my application has been lost or there's a problem with it but the Home Office won't give me an update. My right to work expires in less than a month and I'm worried I will lose my job as my work can't legally employ me.

Is anyone else having a long wait like this? Is there anything I can do other than sit it out?