ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Registration Regulations

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

V_i_k_i
Newly Registered
Belarus

Police Registration Regulations

Post by V_i_k_i » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:53 am

Hi all,

As a newcomer, now I often move houses (once a month now, moving to different counties). But trying to register on my new place, I was given an appointment for a later date, up to which I'm going to change address again, not saying about breaking the 7-day rule. I asked them about these corner cases but haven't got an explanation. So I hope you can help me with the following questions:

1) 7-day rule: some say it's working days, some say you need just to contact police within this period to stay within the law, not to be fully registered. What the things really are? And where could I check it officially?

2) Length of stay required for registration. Earlier, there was official info that it's 2 months. But when I studied this issue on Visas and Immigration site, it appeared that this info is now removed. I understand this fact as the duration of my stay does not matter anymore and I should report each time. Personally, I feel it's strange, because when you get a job in another city, you could just stay in a hotel for a couple of weeks until you rent smth. And it's strange to still register. But the fact is - no 2 month rule anymore. What's the true and where to check it?

3) How strict are the rules when you apply for ILR or Citizenship? I ask because the rules of police registration seem really unrefined, and they do not cover many corner cases that could appear. There are no official guide with all this details put together, either. Compare it with any immigration rule at gov.uk and you probably feel the same. So, does it actually THAT matter for them to report any movement within strict timelimit? The fines show it does, but the regulations and processes show the opposite.

4) Their resource for London seems more complete, but how much can I rely on the same rules being outside London?

PS May be there actually IS a full official guide with all answers? Please share if yes.

Thank you!