ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa Denied - Wrong COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

knorval
Newly Registered
United States of America

Tier 2 Visa Denied - Wrong COS

Post by knorval » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:05 pm

Hi there!

So I submitted an application to renew my current Tier 2 visa with my employer and I received an email today saying it was denied because we had put on there the COS from my original application last year, not realizing we needed a new one. I still have time to re-apply as my current visa hasn't expired yet, but I wanted to get some advice.

-Do I just completely re-apply with a new COS (my employer is working on this right now) and hope for the best?

-Do I need to wait for my documents/ID/passport to come back to me before sending in a new application? Or can I send copies and explain that they have my original documents?

-Is there a chance I would get denied again "just because"? (I'm paranoid that this denial will fault me for future applications)

-Do I need to send a cover letter explaining what happened with the first application?

Hoping someone who has had a similar experience or knows the system can provide me with some information here. Thank you in advance!

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Tier 2 Visa Denied - Wrong COS

Post by UKLL » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:50 pm

knorval wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:05 pm
Hi there!

So I submitted an application to renew my current Tier 2 visa with my employer and I received an email today saying it was denied because we had put on there the COS from my original application last year, not realizing we needed a new one. I still have time to re-apply as my current visa hasn't expired yet, but I wanted to get some advice.

-Do I just completely re-apply with a new COS (my employer is working on this right now) and hope for the best?
Yes, brand new application with band new COS

-Do I need to wait for my documents/ID/passport to come back to me before sending in a new application? Or can I send copies and explain that they have my original documents?
I am not sure, but other people have said OK to tell the Home Office that you documents are with them

-Is there a chance I would get denied again "just because"? (I'm paranoid that this denial will fault me for future applications)
As long as you do everything right, then you will be fine

-Do I need to send a cover letter explaining what happened with the first application?
No, in your new application there will be a section asking you to fill in rejection history and details

Hoping someone who has had a similar experience or knows the system can provide me with some information here. Thank you in advance!

knorval
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Tier 2 Visa Denied - Wrong COS

Post by knorval » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:48 pm

Hi there,

Thank you very much for the info! Would you happen to know how long it might take for my employer to receive another COS?

If not, no worries, I'm sure I can find another thread. Thank you again for the peace of mind. :)