ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband on spouse visa and wanting to have holidays to Europe

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pmann
Newly Registered

Husband on spouse visa and wanting to have holidays to Europe

Post by Pmann » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:41 pm

Hi
I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to be asking this but my husband is from Zimbabwe and is here in the UK on a spouse visa with a BRP since 14/09/2018. We are planning a holiday to Crete in May. Can you please advise me what steps we need to take in order for this to be possible? If we need to get a schengen visa how much in advance can I do this? Also, can the same visa be used for when we are needing to go to Sweden in August or should we apply 2 separate visas? With these trips being after the UK will supposedly leave the EU will the requirements be different?

Many thanks in advance

Perdi

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Husband on spouse visa and wanting to have holidays to Europe

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:19 pm

You need a Schengen visa.
If the visa is valid, you can travel to Sweden (or anywhere else in the Schengen zone)
You can apply up to 90 days in advance of your planned travel date.

Here is the web page of Greek mission in London:
https://www.mfa.gr/uk/en/visa.html?mission=lon

You can contact the embassy and ask for a direct appointment or go here;
https://uk-gr.gvcworld.eu/

Nobody knows what will happen after the supposed Brexit date.

BTW visa will be issued free of charge with minimal document requirements.

Good luck
Pmann wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:41 pm
Hi
I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to be asking this but my husband is from Zimbabwe and is here in the UK on a spouse visa with a BRP since 14/09/2018. We are planning a holiday to Crete in May. Can you please advise me what steps we need to take in order for this to be possible? If we need to get a schengen visa how much in advance can I do this? Also, can the same visa be used for when we are needing to go to Sweden in August or should we apply 2 separate visas? With these trips being after the UK will supposedly leave the EU will the requirements be different?

Many thanks in advance

Perdi