ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa application less than 15 days before travel

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

solamente
Newly Registered
Portugal

Schengen visa application less than 15 days before travel

Post by solamente » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:16 pm

In theory, if I'm a EU citizen and my husband is non-EU and we would like to have a travel visa for him to some country other than my national country (EU family member visa type when we present marriage certificate and travel together), do we still need to apply 15 days before our travel* like regular Schengen visa applicants? Or is it possible to apply let's say one week before the travel and they still should issue the visa because EU family members are entitled to accelerated procedure?

I know the best option would be to apply a few weeks before our travel but our circumstances changed and we consider rescheduling our trip, and I wonder if this accelerated visa procedure is applicable in this way.

*15 days is a general rule listed by the European Commission

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Schengen visa application less than 15 days before travel

Post by Caravel88 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:53 pm

You can apply up to 3 months in advance like everybody else.
Foreign missions have up to 2 weeks to consider EU fam. members' applications.
solamente wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:16 pm
In theory, if I'm a EU citizen and my husband is non-EU and we would like to have a travel visa for him to some country other than my national country (EU family member visa type when we present marriage certificate and travel together), do we still need to apply 15 days before our travel* like regular Schengen visa applicants? Or is it possible to apply let's say one week before the travel and they still should issue the visa because EU family members are entitled to accelerated procedure?

I know the best option would be to apply a few weeks before our travel but our circumstances changed and we consider rescheduling our trip, and I wonder if this accelerated visa procedure is applicable in this way.

solamente
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by solamente » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:03 pm

That doesn't answer my question. I'm not asking how much in advance we can apply but if we can if we have less than 2 weeks to our scheduled travel.

Caravel88 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:53 pm
solamente wrote:

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:30 am

It does. You don't seem to be willing to understand.

Foreign missions have 2 weeks + you can apply up to 3 months in advance means that you can ask to apply on any date you want (travel date + 90 day period) but foreign missions do not have to issue you a visa before less than 2 weeks (application date + 2 weeks), although they might.

This very question has been asked and answered by valuable, senior, long term forum members many, many times.

You are welcome.
solamente wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:03 pm
That doesn't answer my question. I'm not asking how much in advance we can apply but if we can if we have less than 2 weeks to our scheduled travel.

Caravel88 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:53 pm
solamente wrote: