ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online citizenship - docs required and my passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Britney99
United Kingdom

Online citizenship - docs required and my passport

Post by Britney99 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:58 pm

I’m completing online form and can’t find the list of documents required and steps once the form has been completed. The AN is largely for the paper print out form.

I do not have a bimetroc . Do I need to get this before I submit my form online ? Does this take a long time ?

Does my original Australian passport (with IRL) need to be sent in within a specific period after submitting online application ? I plan to travel in March and concerned I won’t be able to . When would they send me original documents back?

Appreciate your comments and any tips you can share

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online citizenship - docs required and my passport

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:04 pm

If you are posting your documents and not using the new UKCVAS service points, you need to post your original documents, which you only get back shortly before or just after approval.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/online-appli ... 70084.html

The AN guide will still list the required documents you need to submit, as does the online form at the end.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AnotherUUID
United Kingdom

Post by AnotherUUID » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:13 pm

Once you complete and submit the online form you should be given the option to download a document checklist. This checklist, along with application summary, referee forms, etc. will be available for you to download for at least a couple of months after submission using the same application login credentials.

The checklist itself is somewhat generic depending on the route that one takes throughout the application process, so it will not always reflect your exact circumstances (refer to Guide AN for specifics).

You do not need to send a BRP if you have never been issued with one. If you have an ILR endorsement in your passport, the passport itself should be sufficient.

Wrt to time, you have 10 working days from the date you submit your online application to post the document checklist with the supporting evidence to the UKVI address listed on the document checklist.

If you have chosen to apply with an appointment at UKVCAS, you will get to keep all of your documents as they will be scanned and verified for you by UKVCAS at your appointment.

If you have applied through the "existing" system, all of your supporting documents will usually be kept until your application has been reviewed which can take up to 6 months. You will get your documents back along with your decision letter. That said, you can request to have your documents returned to you if you need to travel urgently. This can be done online here and should take about 10 working days to process.

Edit: @CR001 beat me to it :)

Britney99
United Kingdom

Post by Britney99 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:31 pm

Thank you both

In order to keep my original passport to travel UKVCAS is best route.

At UKVCAS appilintment, do I need to bring printed out online form ? And supporting docs ? When do I pay the fee ? Or before appointment do I need to submit form online, pay fee , then try and get a UKVCAS appointment ? I’m trying to work out the order in which things need to happen and what I need to prioritise ? Are appointments difficult to get ?

Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:34 pm

Or before appointment do I need to submit form online, pay fee , then try and get a UKVCAS appointment ?
This one.
Are appointments difficult to get ?
It really depends on your location in the UK. But most members are able to get an appointment within 2 weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Britney99
United Kingdom

Post by Britney99 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:38 pm

Thank you.

What if I submit online (which requires me to send original docs in 10 days, previous post explained his) although can’t get an appointment ? Do I just have to ‘risk it’ otherwise I’ve paid my fee but Home office need my docs/passport . And once I send them my passport I then won’t receive it back for a long time

AnotherUUID
United Kingdom

Post by AnotherUUID » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:48 pm

The 10 working day requirement is for the existing service option where you need to physically post your supporting documents directly to UKVI. This does not apply for UKVCAS.

Britney99
United Kingdom

Post by Britney99 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:34 pm

Thanks. As I want to submit in person with CVSCA, what do I do first 1) make appointment with CVSCAS or 2) submit online, then make appointment ?

Apologies for questions but it’s not very clear

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:44 pm

Britney99 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:34 pm
Thanks. As I want to submit in person with CVSCA, what do I do first 1) make appointment with CVSCAS or 2) submit online, then make appointment ?

Apologies for questions but it’s not very clear
Submit first, then select the service you wish to use and make appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Britney99
United Kingdom

Post by Britney99 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 pm

Thank you for all your comments