ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - Address change

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rely1458

EEA Family Permit - Address change

Post by rely1458 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:56 pm

Hi, this specific case regards a friend of mine.

He is an EEA citizen and has been living in the UK since 2014. When he first arrived he started living with some relatives in London and worked there. In the last two years he moved to Cambridge for work but he kept his address in London where he lived previously and he would come back when he had time off from work.

Now he wants to apply for a EEA Family Permit for his non-EEA wife. Will the Home Office reject the application if they see that he has been working in Cambridge but had his residence address in London?

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: EEA Family Permit - Address change

Post by Wise » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:42 pm

Answer to your question is capital NO. You can live anywhere in the UK and work anywhere as long as the job is legit and you can provide proof of address of wherever you chose to live.

Good Luck.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:19 pm

rely1458 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:56 pm
In the last two years he moved to Cambridge for work but he kept his address in London where he lived previously and he would come back when he had time off from work.
What exactly does this mean? Do all his Cambridge payslips show a London address? How about his P60s? This is important.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

rely1458

Post by rely1458 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:59 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:19 pm
rely1458 wrote:
In the last two years he moved to Cambridge for work but he kept his address in London where he lived previously and he would come back when he had time off from work.
What exactly does this mean? Do all his Cambridge payslips show a London address? How about his P60s? This is important.
His payslips don't have any address but the P60 shows a London address since he never moved his address to Cambridge.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:32 pm

rely1458 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:59 pm
kamoe wrote:
rely1458 wrote:
His payslips don't have any address but the P60 shows a London address since he never moved his address to Cambridge.
Then as far as HMRC is concerned, and by extension the HO, he never moved to Cambridge.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

rely1458

Post by rely1458 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:32 pm
rely1458 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:59 pm
kamoe wrote:
rely1458 wrote:
Then as far as HMRC is concerned, and by extension the HO, he never moved to Cambridge.
Thanks. So I take it that they won't care about this and it won't affect the application?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:06 pm

rely1458 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 pm
Thanks. So I take it that they won't care about this and it won't affect the application?
Consistency is key. Are the other evidence also addressed to his London accommdation? Utility bills, tenancy agreement, personal correspondence?