ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent Visit Visa Query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shree02
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Parent Visit Visa Query

Post by shree02 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:27 pm

Hi,
Please advise on below,
I landed in UK in the month of Dec 2018 through Tier2 ICT Employer Sponsorship Visa and I want to initiate application process for my mother who is planning to visit in April for 4 months.
Please advise best approach for my situation to prevent refusal,

1. She is a single mother and not earning, she is dependent on me but to show ties back in home country, she has property on her name(jointly owned by me and mother). Will the property papers suffice to show ties in home country?
2. my wife is having enough savings in her bank account which would be sufficient to take care of mothers expenses here so can me and my wife jointly sponsor my mother?
3. Invitation Letter, Property docs proof, bank statements, employer documents
Any other crucial documentation that I am missing out here?

srsw

Re: Parent Visit Visa Query

Post by srsw » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:50 pm

Just property document may not be strong enough reason.

Does she get rental income? any other strong relationships (sons / daughters) in home country?
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

shree02
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shree02 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:20 pm

No rental income,
And yes she has a daughter who is in home country, married and staying with inlaws.

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:36 pm

Given you just landed in the UK in December I'm not sure (personal opinion only) inviting her so quickly is a good idea. It could lead to her visa refusal if UKVI thinks that she may not return back home, especially as she doesn't have regular income/strong ties back home. Is there any strong reason for her visit?

If you do go ahead then do mention about her daughter in home country and close relationship with her.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

shree02
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shree02 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:49 am

Oh ok,
So what strong evidence would require to show her strong ties to home country?
She has property in her name jointly owned by me and her elder daughter who is staying in home country.

We just want her to visit to stay with us for 4 months no specific reason else.

Please guide

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:56 am

Probably worth checking other visit visa posts on this forum to get an idea what sort of things others provided as evidence (bank statements to show income from rent/agriculture, pension, etc., other family ties, property ownership and so on).

Also, good reason to visit immediately after you arrived here in the UK.

shree02
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shree02 » Thu May 09, 2019 4:37 pm

Hi,

Successfully approved Visa application for my mother.
Documents submitted:
Sponsor documents: Employment letters
UK bank statement - 3months
India Bank statement- 3 months
Passport copy, Visa letter
Sponsorship letter - Simply explained sponsorship reason, duration of stay (4months), and assuramce of returning back to home country(stating her daughter and family are there whom she visits regularly), also explained that she is a homemaker and does not have any savings of her own and I take care of all her expenses and I handover cash for her own expenses)

Applicant documents:
Property documents (as its jointly owned by myself and mother)
Passport
Bank statement (she is a housewife and there was no regular income reflecting on bank statement apart from a lumpsum amount transferred from my account to hers few days before submitting application)

Application Timeline:
Submitted - 30th March
VFS Appointment - 17th April
Application forwarded for processing - 19th April
Decision Made - 07th May
Passport Received with stamp - 09th May

Note:
Please do not complicate your documentation it's a simple process just ensure to correctly fill in details and be truthful with all information.

srsw wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:56 am
Probably worth checking other visit visa posts on this forum to get an idea what sort of things others provided as evidence (bank statements to show income from rent/agriculture, pension, etc., other family ties, property ownership and so on).

Also, good reason to visit immediately after you arrived here in the UK.