ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Visitor (Mother) Farmer Not provable income

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sanja123
Newly Registered

General Visitor (Mother) Farmer Not provable income

Post by Sanja123 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:45 pm

I came to UK as a Tier 1 (General) migrant in Nov. 2008 and now I am a British citizen. After the marriage, my wife came to UK as a Tier 1 (General) dependent in Sep. 2012 and now she is on ILR.

We applied a Visit visa for my wife’s mother in May 2017 and it is refused due to following reasons in briefly.
1. Since I transferred some amount of money(Approx 1500 Pounds) to her bank account on January 2017 for the purpose of her personal expenses including this visit, they had mentioned “ this devoid of transaction history I am unable to verify the origin of funds.”
2. I am not satisfied that you have established that the strength of ties, through stability of your personal and financial circumstances.

Her real personal and financial circumstances as follows.

She is a farmer and 72 years old. Her husband passed away in year 2008. She has 3 sons and only daughter who is my wife. All of her sons are married and living in Srilanka. Only one of his son is is working for a employer who is issuing payslips. Others are doing cash in hand jobs. According to the Srilankan culture, all of them use to give cash whenever they visit her or whenever she needs. Even we use to transfer some money to her account since 5 years. Apart from that, she uses to cultivate most of the day today vegetables.
She has got her own house and 2 of her son’s houses also in the same land. However since these lands are offered to the farmers by Buddhist Association very long time ago, there are no proper land registration documents with each of their names. However my mother-in-law use to pay land Tax, Water bills to some organizations which are nominated by either government or Temple as I assume. I have already been attached some of those document translations in the previous visa application.

Question:
By considering this situation, I am in doubt of explaining her personal and financial background to satisfy the visa officer to another visit.
- Can I be the sponsor from UK for her to another visitor visa application rather than transferring money to her account?
- My father is a financially stable person. So can I show my father as a sponsor for her as he also in Srilanka?
- Shall I ask her sons to transfer some money to her account each month rather than giving as cash? However only one of her son can show pay slips of his earnings.
- To show the ties, I will try to attach as much as Passports, birth certificates of her son’s families. (Last time I only attached 4 passports and birth certificates from only one son’s family members). Is that enough?
- I will try to collect as much as documents to proof the ownership of the land/house including Land Tax bills, water Bill. Anything else?

I would be really appreciate if some one can give me some advice on this please.

Many thanks

Sanja123
Newly Registered

Re: General Visitor (Mother) Farmer Not provable income

Post by Sanja123 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:10 am

Any advice on this please....

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:52 am

It is very much stacked against your mother ever receiving a visa, I don’t want to say it is impossible but it is very unlikely.

An aged parent from a third world country will always struggle to get a visitor visa unless they have substantial wealth, property, income, very strong family ties as reasons to return.

Given the circumstances you describe from an ECO point of view there is little at stake from her not returning. Minimal income, subsidies from her children to survive, hand to mouth existence, lack of health provision etc.

So the barriers are very much up when considering these visa requests. There is a high balance of probability that once here that they will not return. There is a well worn path that seems to happen all to frequently- they arrive, they are ok then when it is time to return they get sick... nothing too serious but enough to prevent them flying... hence the ECO reluctance to grant a visit visa to aged parents and the approach is very much geared to refusal more than grant.

The path to a successful aged parent visa grant is to show in great detail third party evidence of income, property ownership, substantial savings, very very strong family ties etc. A medical showing they are in good health is not a requirement but helps to avoid the thought process of coming to use the NHS.

Family ties is the hardest barrier to overcome - just having family members in the home country adds very little. How the family operates - does she support child care as an example is meaningful but how do you evidence it?

Good luck going forward.

Sanja123
Newly Registered

Post by Sanja123 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:28 am

Thank you very much for your explanation on my case.

Could you please let me know, who will be the best person to financially sponsor her,

Either son who can show his payslips OR my farther who lives in Srilanka, visited UK 2 times, Retired government survey, financially stable AND having provable assets, Fixed deposits along with sources of Origins. ?

Sanja123
Newly Registered

Post by Sanja123 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:28 am

Thank you very much for your explanation on my case.

Could you please let me know, who will be the best person to financially sponsor her,

Either son who can show his payslips OR my farther who lives in Srilanka, visited UK 2 times, Retired government survey, financially stable AND having provable assets, Fixed deposits along with sources of Origins. ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:40 pm

Who pays for the trip etc is of little consequence but it makes sense that a family member does, so not sure using your father is a wise idea.

The issue is not one of sponsorship - it is her substantial ties to her home country or lack of them You have not provided any links or ties that would suggest she is likely to return. What information you have supplied points to her being better off in the UK so it points against getting a visa rather getting one.