ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Permanent Resident. Needs advice.

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Adele Bonne
Newly Registered

US Permanent Resident. Needs advice.

Post by Adele Bonne » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:00 pm

Hi
I’m a British Citizen who is a Permanent Resident in the US. Green card holder.
I left the US in Jan 2019 to visit my sick Grandma who is in late stage dementia, spending some quality time was advised by the nursing staff at the nursing home. Since I’ve been home my Daughter who is Resident here in the U.K. has become sick and needs to undergo an operation. So my stay here is anticipated to be longer than expected due to lengthy NHS waiting times. I’m afraid that I’m going to be denied entry back into the US to rejoin my American Husband. Since November 2017 I’ve spent 4 months outside the US, a month October 2017 to attend a funeral. 3 months April to July 2018 for family engagement, birthdays then my Husband joined me for 2 weeks and we returned together. I’ve got an official letter from the nursing home confirming my Grans condition and I’ve got copies of my Daughters hospital appointment letters. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.