ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to pay online British Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

azot
Newly Registered
Turkey

When to pay online British Citizenship application

Post by azot » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:57 pm

Hello,

I didn't realize that the payment and the online application would be the date of the application. My year is finishing on the 20th of March and was trying to get an appointment for the 21st, which is why I filled the online form early on the 11th.

Does this mean that the application will be invalid? And my money is gone? Does anyone have an idea / suggestion / solution to this?

My Croydon booking is on the 21st so it's a bit ridiculous that the online would be counted as the day of the application.

Many Thanks

azot
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: When to pay online British Citizenship application

Post by azot » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:19 pm

Any ideas, guesses, suggestions? Perhaps writing a cover letter explaining the situation?

azot
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by azot » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:26 pm

Not a single idea? I am about to go to my biometric submission on the 21st. Should I withdraw the application and make another one? Or just submit a cover letter explaining the situation?

Thank you

Ruhi09
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Ruhi09 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:41 pm

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
Even though you withdraw you won't get the refund. So better you can write a cover letter explaining your mistake.

azot
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by azot » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:46 pm

Thank you very much for the reply.

I think I will write a cover letter explaining the situation as it really isn't clear that your online submission is the date for the actual submission. I assumed once we give biometrics and etc. in the appointment would be the day.

Worst case is I get a rejection and have to apply again in 2-3 months I guess.

Thanks again

azot
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by azot » Fri May 31, 2019 11:04 am

Just to update, I have received my approval today even though had the mishap of applying 9 days earlier online. Explained everything in the cover letter to Home Office and they were kind enough to send the approval.