ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Made redundant while travelling outside the UK on a tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jmmelons
Newly Registered
Australia

Made redundant while travelling outside the UK on a tier 2 visa

Post by jmmelons » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:21 pm

Hi,

I have recently been made redundant and I am travelling outside of the UK. How does this work with curtailment, the cooling off period and my Tier 2 general Visa? I am not even sure if the UKVI knows if I have been let go yet or not

Know that I cannot leave the UK and get back in while on curtailment but have happens when it starts while I am outside of the UK? Can I re-enter with certainty or is it at the discretion of immigration/home office?

Thanks!

srsw

Re: Made redundant while travelling outside the UK on a tier 2 visa

Post by srsw » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:46 am

There is a high risk of you being not allowed on reentry (if UKVI is already notified about your redundancy).

If you are not allowed, then 1 year cool off period kicks in. Best to avoid/cancel your trip and get another job so you don't lose your visa continuity.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.