ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum seeker marriage request

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NLP300916
Newly Registered

Asylum seeker marriage request

Post by NLP300916 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:28 am

I claimed asylum with my family in 2013 and our case was rejected many times. We recently applied for oral hearing (I’m a main applicant but my case is linked to my father’s case which I no longer main applicat and depending on father) still waiting for the decision.
:arrow: Me and my partner started our relationship in 2016 and living together now nearly ten months (I’m not allowed to live with him because I’m claiming asylum support with my parents). He is claiming asylum separately (we both are asylum seekers). We want to get married now. Are we allowed to get marry? Can we give notice to local council? Do we have to face interviews?

GuerillaMethod
Mood:
Iran

Re: Asylum seeker marriage request

Post by GuerillaMethod » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:15 pm

That's my question as well

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Asylum seeker marriage request

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:42 am

You will have to give notice at a designated registers office and the Home Office will have to approve the marriage.
Given there is no value in immigration terms marrying another asylum seeker I would doubt there is a reason for the HO to object / refuse permission to marry.