ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizen with US spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cindyd13
Newly Registered

Irish citizen with US spouse

Post by cindyd13 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:59 pm

I apologize if this has been answered already but all I can seem to find is vague references.

I'm a dual Irish/US citizen and my US husband and I are planning to move to ireland.

At the airport, I know that we need to go through immigration of some sort and that we are to have documentation with us, but all I can find is:
"You should bring documentation providing a full account of your relationship history and
proof of your finances with you. If your Irish spouse or civil partner is accompanying you
they should go with you to the non-EU passport control/immigration counter. The
Immigration Officer at the airport usually issues a temporary entrance clearance stamp in
your passport. "
What should I actually have with us? and do we need to have a return ticket just in case?

Thank you!
Cindy

astronamy7
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Irish citizen with US spouse

Post by astronamy7 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:46 am

This article is pretty good- the section about Spouse of an Irish Citizen - even though it's a few years old.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-sty ... -1.3086540

We came here in 2015 and I'm fairly certain the process was still the same. My husband is Irish/American and I'm American. I think we only had to present our marriage certificate at the airport in Non-EU queue. It was fairly straightforward and did not take long at all- no need to have a return ticket. Just be up front about the fact that you are both planning to reside here permanently. If anyone else came over more recently maybe they can say whether the process is still the same or not, but we had no trouble at all.

cindyd13
Newly Registered

Re: Irish citizen with US spouse

Post by cindyd13 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:23 pm

Thank you so much!!