ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Slightly damaged citizenship certificate before passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Noory
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Slightly damaged citizenship certificate before passport application

Post by Noory » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:38 pm

Hello..
I just received my son's British citizenship certificate and accidentally tore it when opening the post, just half an inch from the corner. No words/emblem are damaged. I have not applied for British passport yet. Do I have to apply for a replacement certificate for passport application or can this be used? I am not going to laminate it. Please help! Thanks

Alien2017

Re: Slightly damaged citizenship certificate before passport application

Post by Alien2017 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:44 pm

Just apply for the passport and send it as it is, they'll contact you and ask for you to get it replaced if they want it replaced, but you have to pay for it, so might worth trying to apply before. And on top takes ages as well to have it replaced.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Slightly damaged citizenship certificate before passport application

Post by makky86 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:12 pm

Alien2017 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:44 pm
Just apply for the passport and send it as it is, they'll contact you and ask for you to get it replaced if they want it replaced, but you have to pay for it, so might worth trying to apply before. And on top takes ages as well to have it replaced.
Now a days its stored on their system. They don't take hard copies for granted now a days. They will put the certification number and if its all good they will not care about hard copy.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II