ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council Tax: How detailed are checks?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Koxinga
Newly Registered

Council Tax: How detailed are checks?

Post by Koxinga » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:55 pm

Hi guys,
My name is Thomas, an EU citizen, and am applying for British citizenship in August.

I would like to know, if anyone knows, how detailed are the checks on the council tax.

The reason I ask is becuase, in 2014, I had a student discount for the council tax when I was a full time student but then, only for three months, also started a full time job and still took advantage of the discount as I was still, technically, a full time student. After these three months I ceased to be a student, communicated my change of status and ended the discount. My council tax payments have always been up to date.

Would the Home Office see this as breaking the good character requirements? There would have be a very detailed investigation and a lot of discretion.

Thanks for your answers.

Best wishes,
Thomas

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Council Tax: How detailed are checks?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:03 pm

Unless you have defaulted, been taken to court, etc nothing will come of this. In any case you have regularised the position. You are overthinking this.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Koxinga
Newly Registered

Re: Council Tax: How detailed are checks?

Post by Koxinga » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:12 pm

Thanks for the reply!

I guess that overthinking is not un common in these cases but it helps to hear a more objective and informed opinion than mine!

Thomas