ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

France Visa Online Application Form

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Genny
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

France Visa Online Application Form

Post by Genny » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi. My husband, our son, and I are planning to visit Schengen countries on July. As we will travel by ferry from UK to Dunkirk so we've been advised to apply France visa. My husband and our son are British citizen, so it's only me who need to apply for the visa. We will be doing roadtrip with our motorhome and going to stay in the campsite, so we don't book any accommodation. My question is what should I fill in the application form in the Your Contacts > Host person or Organisation section as they require the applicant to fill in any contacts in France i.e Host/Organisation/Hotel.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: France Visa Online Application Form

Post by ibwe » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:56 am

Based from what I know is that if you are applying as a family member of EU/EEA/CH citizens, you are not supposed to provide accommodation information. I can't say for a fact that France would demand such. Since they introduced the online application format, I haven't used it yet. However for application purposes I think you could find someone in France who could 'accommodate' you by providing the relevant info.

Genny
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Genny » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:55 pm

ibwe wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:56 am
Based from what I know is that if you are applying as a family member of EU/EEA/CH citizens, you are not supposed to provide accommodation information. I can't say for a fact that France would demand such. Since they introduced the online application format, I haven't used it yet. However for application purposes I think you could find someone in France who could 'accommodate' you by providing the relevant info.

Hi ibwe thank you for your information. I couldn't leave blank the accommodation section as I can't go to the next page if I don't answer it. I don't know anyone either in France who can be my pretend host. Since our port of entry is Dunkirk, I think we might just going to book any campsites near by for a night or two before moving to other countries. At least we have proof of staying in France.

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ibwe » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:29 am

Hi Genny,

I think you should go ahead and do it. You can book even for a day. It is also refreshing to know that France's approval rates for Schengen visas for EU/EEA/CH family members is pretty high. Done that myself and not a single time I was given any complications with documentation.

Genny
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Genny » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:53 am

ibwe wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:29 am
Hi Genny,

I think you should go ahead and do it. You can book even for a day. It is also refreshing to know that France's approval rates for Schengen visas for EU/EEA/CH family members is pretty high. Done that myself and not a single time I was given any complications with documentation.

Hi ibwe, apologise my mistake. I thought UK isn't part of EU/EEA/CH countries anymore since after Brexit, so my answer was No for the question, "family member of EU/EEA/CH citizen?". Now that I switched the answer to Yes, the accommodation section isn't mandatory anymore to fill. So I still can go to the next page even I leave it blank :) Fingers crossed for my visa!

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ibwe » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:29 pm

Genny wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:53 am
ibwe wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:29 am
Hi Genny,

Hi ibwe, apologise my mistake. I thought UK isn't part of EU/EEA/CH countries anymore since after Brexit, so my answer was No for the question, "family member of EU/EEA/CH citizen?". Now that I switched the answer to Yes, the accommodation section isn't mandatory anymore to fill. So I still can go to the next page even I leave it blank :) Fingers crossed for my visa!

Hopeful by now you have resolved this. Cheers