ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First passport for a child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

throwawaynicoport
Newly Registered
Australia

First passport for a child

Post by throwawaynicoport » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:51 am

Hello,
I (father) was naturalised as a British citizenship in early 2018 and British passport subsequently.
My wife (Mother) is a non-EU national.
My child was born in late 2018 in the UK

Am I correct in assuming my child is automatically eligible for a British passport ?

I've filled in the standard orange passport application form that we get at post office.

The supporting documents I'm carrying with me for priority passport application appointment are:
1. My passport
2. Child's birth certificate
3. My marriage certificate

Only carrying original documents.

Please suggest if my understanding of the eligibility and the supporting documents I'm carrying are incorrect.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: First passport for a child

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:20 pm

throwawaynicoport wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:51 am
Hello,
I (father) was naturalised as a British citizenship in early 2018 and British passport subsequently.
My wife (Mother) is a non-EU national.
My child was born in late 2018 in the UK

Am I correct in assuming my child is automatically eligible for a British passport ?

I've filled in the standard orange passport application form that we get at post office.

The supporting documents I'm carrying with me for priority passport application appointment are:
1. My passport
2. Child's birth certificate
3. My marriage certificate

Only carrying original documents.

Please suggest if my understanding of the eligibility and the supporting documents I'm carrying are incorrect.
Correct.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.