ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR English test - which one?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

moonlight55
Diamond Member

ILR English test - which one?

Post by moonlight55 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:10 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm a bit confused on which test should one take to satisfy the English language requirement for ILR application. In many of the topics, people referred the B1 pass certificate but could not find the exact test name.

Is "IELTS Life Skills B1" from IELTS the right option OR "B1 SELT – GESE Grade 5" from Trinity College the right option OR either is fine.

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR English test - which one?

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:35 pm

moonlight55 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:10 pm
Hi Folks,

I'm a bit confused on which test should one take to satisfy the English language requirement for ILR application. In many of the topics, people referred the B1 pass certificate but could not find the exact test name.

Is "IELTS Life Skills B1" from IELTS the right option OR "B1 SELT – GESE Grade 5" from Trinity College the right option OR either is fine.

Thanks!
The highlighted is definitely correct. The other one I am not sure you have to check the approved list on gov website.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.