ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch Tier 2 to Tier 4: time period from decision to start date

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vonka
Newly Registered
India

Switch Tier 2 to Tier 4: time period from decision to start date

Post by vonka » Sat May 25, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi all,

I am on a Tier 2 and want to switch to a Tier 4.

I would not like to inform my current employer until I have my Tier 4 approved as it may put my current situation at risk should anything fail with the Tier 4 visa.

So I am planning to apply through the priority service, which takes 5 days and would then allow me to both:
1. give notice only after my Tier 4 is granted
2. still have a reasonable period of time to finish things off at work.

So if the course starts on 1 October, I'd apply for swith to Tier 4 on early July, have it sorted in 5 days and be able to give notice around 10 July.

My question is, how would that work?

1. Would my tier 2 still be valid until the tier 4 comes into place? that is, would I be able to still work under my tier 2 from the moment I get my decision and until my Tier 4 replaces the current Tier 2?

2. Would I be able to leave the UK and come back under my tier 2 within that period of time (from the decision date until the start date of the course)?

Every piece of information is much appreciated

Casa

Re: Switch Tier 2 to Tier 4: time period from decision to start date

Post by Casa » Sat May 25, 2019 6:24 pm

vonka wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:52 pm
Hi all,

I am on a Tier 2 and want to switch to a Tier 4.

I would not like to inform my current employer until I have my Tier 4 approved as it may put my current situation at risk should anything fail with the Tier 4 visa.

So I am planning to apply through the priority service, which takes 5 days and would then allow me to both:
1. give notice only after my Tier 4 is granted
2. still have a reasonable period of time to finish things off at work.

So if the course starts on 1 October, I'd apply for swith to Tier 4 on early July, have it sorted in 5 days and be able to give notice around 10 July.

My question is, how would that work?

1. Would my tier 2 still be valid until the tier 4 comes into place? that is, would I be able to still work under my tier 2 from the moment I get my decision and until my Tier 4 replaces the current Tier 2?

2. Would I be able to leave the UK and come back under my tier 2 within that period of time (from the decision date until the start date of the course)?

Every piece of information is much appreciated
Please continue in your other thread where you are already receiving advice.

uk-tier-4-student-visas/switch-tier-2-t ... 82054.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.