ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Primary teacher Tier 2 visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bluebell123
Newly Registered

Primary teacher Tier 2 visa extension

Post by Bluebell123 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:14 am

Hello all,

Was wondering if anyone could provide me with some answers or share their experiences if they’ve been in a similar position.

Long story short:
I’m from the USA, completed my PGCE here in England, transferred my Tier 4 to a Tier 2 general work visa in 2018 and will be due to extend my Tier 2 visa in August 2019 (in the same position and with the same primary school that is currently sponsoring me).

I’m 26 now (and will be when I submit my extension) but was 25 when I submitted my original Tier 2 visa application.

The biggest thing that worries me is the salary requirement. Being 25 and transferring from a Tier 4 to a Tier 2 allowed me to classify as a ‘new entrant’ but when I reapply for the extension, I don’t fall into that category.

Being a teacher, we use a national pay scale so the most I’d be making as a second-year, qualified teacher is only about £25,600.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? What do you think my chances are of successfully being granted a Tier 2 extension?

Thanks in advance.

EmilyF
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Re: Primary teacher Tier 2 visa extension

Post by EmilyF » Sun May 26, 2019 2:43 pm

Hi,

Have you had any luck? I am in the same position working in the NHS.