ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Private parking charge non payment and ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sachin Raja
India

Private parking charge non payment and ILR application

Post by Sachin Raja » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:38 pm

Dear Immigration team,

I am in the process of my ILR application. Kindly can you please advice if my applications will be affected. I have a parking fine from a private parking company which i have failed to pay. I refused to pay as it was 3 hr free car park in a shopping place and i left about 30 min late which i didn't know that only three hours was allowed. Now they have sent me a fine of 115£ and a letter saying will take to court through debt recovery agents if failed to pay the same. Now if i decide not to pay and this goes to court will it affect my application. Expecting your speedy reply. Or would you advice to just bite the bullet and pay this off?
regards,
Sachin

Sachin Raja
India

Re: Private parking charge non payment and ILR application

Post by Sachin Raja » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:58 pm

Also would like to know if i decide not to pay this exorbitant bill will it affect my application given the fact this is a private parking company and not a government one.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:11 pm

Sachin Raja wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:58 pm
Also would like to know if i decide not to pay this exorbitant bill will it affect my application given the fact this is a private parking company and not a government one.
Fight the charge. They might take you to court eventually.. the whole process will take a year and half till it gets to court.
Even if you lose at court stage and pay up, you won’t get a CCJ..
no impact on ILR

mohsensari

Post by mohsensari » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:38 pm

It’s very obvious that you parked 30min more, even with 10 minutes more they easily could challenge you in the court, at the end you are paying a lot more.

natsha
United States of America

Post by natsha » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:54 am

ONLY 115£ JUST PAY It, How much you spend on applications ( 10000 of pounds).

As you said you are late 30min and 30min extra allow so mean 20 min you are late.

Just pay 115£ and relax on this issue.

Thanks good luck

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:33 pm

Private parking companies cannot get to prosecute you in a court for an unpaid charge. Remember that the wording is very specific it is called a parking charge where as if fined by the council it will be a 'penalty' or PCN. This is because non payment of a PCN is a criminal offence whereas having a private company charge you is like having a small debt which is a civil matter. It is up to them to chase you and take you to a small claims court and 99% of the times they won't as it will cost them thousands of pounds in court/solicitor fees. This also will be purely a civil matter and has no effect whatsoever on your ILR or character. Whether you choose to pay it or fight it has no effect so relax. Some people ignore these and they will go away. Alternatively they often end up offering a much lower charge where you can pay that :lol:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sachin Raja
India

Post by Sachin Raja » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:42 am

Many thanks to all those who have chipped in. I will see if my situation is sorted by waiting for some more time. If not as advised would end paying it up. Once again thanks very much.